Anyone ever traded a 20lb CO2 for argon at the welding supply? - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Anyone ever traded a 20lb CO2 for argon at the welding supply?

Quote Originally Posted by One1 View Post
    80 cu ft argon is the correct answer to the thread question. $24 upcharge. New tank, full. $39 total.

Attachment 1688909
    Thirty or forty more bungee cords and you should be good to go. They'll work better closer to the bottom of the bottle, though.

Who uses a hand truck to move an 80 cf bottle?

Also, that clashes with your color scheme...time to get out the rattlecans!

So the end result is good. Coke started here and all their oldest stuff is here at plant 1. They decommossioned their steel tanks years back and went to aluminum for a million good reasons. The lead guy around here said they saved over a million bucks in just fuel last year transporting aluminum instead of steel. These things are everywhere now, they practically gave them away by the pallets. When you find one it works out though cause they are still relevant to swap at suppliers. Someone in California may not be aware, but everyone on this side knows coke only does aluminum tanks for years now so everyone knows they are not coke tanks anymore. If you get lucky and find one, you can make it work for you. this argon is for my aluminum spoolgun so i don't have to use my tig argon to mig ally.
    I am planning on keeping my CO2 bottle for my small 135 amp mig welder. Reason I was wondering how things worked out for you is my CO2 bottle is also steel and has Coke stamped onto it. I picked it up at a garage sale and haven't tried getting it filled yet. I know it is out of date by quite awhile, so I am sure if they will fill it I will need to get it tested first.

Me thinks Virgil is mad cause he can't weld with anything but food stamp gas. You'll get that extra $5 some day buddy. then you can join the other 98% running C25.
    40 years of running wire, all I have ever used is C02, unless its a cored wire that requires C25 or another mixed gas. Perhaps it is you that needs to open your mind a bit.
    If you can set the machine properly, you might be amazed at how little spatter there is, and it makes overhead and vertical up welds child's play. I guarantee you wont see much C25 in the bigger fab shops.

It would be straight but Opus would lose his mind if I didn't attach it from my phone to sooth his obsessive compulsive disorder about image hosts. (sometimes I'm nice and try)
    LMMFAO....you're a good dude....weld on

Idgaf about mig really. I'm just wanting to run ally with this argon. Tig and stick on pipe is where it's at. I only use the mig when I have to.

1957 Lincoln Idealarc 300 AC/DC
    1988 Lincoln 225/125 AC/DC
    2018 Lincoln 180
    2018 Lincoln 3350 PAPR Hood
    1976 Smith SC209, Sw1 Torches
    2018 Miller WP17V
    2018 CK Worldwide CK17FV

Idgaf about mig really. I'm just wanting to run ally with this argon. Tig and stick on pipe is where it's at. I only use the mig when I have to.

So now you are deflecting from your diatribe about how CO2 mig is junk? You are so wishy washy I have no use for your Vids.

Huh? I said what i wanted about CO2. Everything Steve said about CO2 is correct. I don't like it. Unless you have stock in CO2 who gives a damn. I'll run C25 like the rest of the world and be happy doing it. Who asked you to use my videos? Are you lonely or something? I didn't post it "for you" why do i care if you use it? Lort..... Go make a friend and chat with them. I'm not begging for attention like you are. Nobody called your name.
    Last edited by One1; 07-10-2018 at 10:23 PM.
    1957 Lincoln Idealarc 300 AC/DC
    1988 Lincoln 225/125 AC/DC
    2018 Lincoln 180
    2018 Lincoln 3350 PAPR Hood
    1976 Smith SC209, Sw1 Torches
    2018 Miller WP17V
    2018 CK Worldwide CK17FV

Huh? I said what i wanted about CO2. Everything Steve said about CO2 is correct. I don't like it. Unless you have stock in CO2 who gives a damn. I'll run C25 like the rest of the world and be happy doing it. Who asked you to use my videos? Are you lonely or something? I didn't post it "for you" why do i care if you use it? Lort..... Go make a friend and chat with them. I'm not begging for attention like you are. Nobody called your name.
    Thin skinned much?

I just have to ask this... Do you weld in the real world everyday? or are you just a hobby guy with a you boob channel? In the real world Co2 and E70 S-6 are the most common combination you are going to find.