I'm gonna build a garage. - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: I'm gonna build a garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
    Great Idea docwelder.
    sometimes you gotta think outside the box. in this case the garage. when the hoist isn't in use it's a great place to put a sign for some free advertising.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Quote Originally Posted by docwelder View Post
    sometimes you gotta think outside the box. in this case the garage. when the hoist isn't in use it's a great place to put a sign for some free advertising.
    or swing or hand a deer for skinning or ___________
    Dave Reber
    Wadsworth Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by docwelder View Post
    if i was building i would run a beam above the front entrance and extending out several feet for a chain fall/small electric hoist. the back you save may be your own.
    Yep, it's on the list. We have one at our work garage and use it more than I expected.

The price of a 30x50 with 12' walls, siding and shingled roof, pole building came in lower than expected. Unfortuantely he won't be able to get to it till spring. So, I'm left with the decision of getting a metal siding, metal roof pole building now, or wait. I really wanted the siding so it would match the house....so I'm leaning towards waiting. NUTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_J View Post
    The price of a 30x50 with 12' walls, siding and shingled roof, pole building came in lower than expected. Unfortuantely he won't be able to get to it till spring. So, I'm left with the decision of getting a metal siding, metal roof pole building now, or wait. I really wanted the siding so it would match the house....so I'm leaning towards waiting. NUTS!
    Personally I’d never want the upkeep of a shingled roof and siding on a building too. That’s just my personal opinion tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Doogie

Miller 350P
    Miller Trailblazer 325 EFI w/ Excel Power
    Lincoln LN25 suitcase welder
    XMT 304/22a feeder
    Miller Syncrowave 350LX
    Miller Econotig
    Hobart Handler 140
    (2) Uni-Hydro 42-14
    Hypertherm 65 plasma
    WEBB Gap bed lathe

Put a metal roof on it!
    30 year shingles in PA won't last 30 years where as a metal roof will last a LOT longer!
    If it is going to be stick built, do the ground work now, let it settle and compact till early/mid November, then pour the concrete.
    It will cure slower making it stronger in the long run.
    Start your construction build early in the Spring when the Contractor really doesn't have any work.

My vote is for metal too, but don't stockpile it if you aren't going to use it right away. Moisture between the sheets will start it rusting within days and will greatly reduce the durability of the protective covering whether it's galvanized or paint.
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A

Les