Need Recommendations for Welding Contractor
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Need Recommendations for Welding Contractor

As mentioned in the introduction section, I work for a defense contractor. We have a contract with a foreign country and as part of the contract, much of the work must be performed in that country. One of the contracts involves large welded structures, like the size of a 40' motorhome/RV. The company in this foreign country does not have the necessary experience require to design the fixtures/tooling that are required to weld large steel structures. I'm looking for recommendations of suppliers you may know of who have specific expertise in designing fixtures/tooling for large steel structures. Also, as part of the design process, welding sequences will also need to be developed to accompany the fixtures/tooling. Suppliers can be located anywhere, but USA is preferred.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Re: Need Recommendations for Welding Contractor

Where are you located? Might I guess you are specifying AWS D1.1?
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200withspoolgun,MKCobra Mig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig3ea.