Everlast Customer Service - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    148

    Re: Everlast Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Copper_Head View Post
    The China tag does not bother me. I will certainly open the covers and inspect the welder and post photos. I have repaired very many machines over the years and know that good design and good components make a machine durable, not necessarily country of origin. Although really bad designs and mystery electronics are most likely to be encountered in Chinese tools, I have purchased a handful of jewels as well. I have a no name milling machine that is virtually identical to a top import name machine that a friend of mine has, except for the color. No way did anyone clone the castings so perfectly. I'm almost 100% certain it's from the same factory though I paid one third the price of the brand name import.
    Conversely, I just repaired a neighbor shop's plasma cutter. Ughh!!! Sub-boards and ribbon cables everywhere. Fortunately, board mounted fuses where OK and a thorough cleaning and cable reseating cured it for now, although it took awhile to clean all the (way too many) internal connection points.
    Be glad that box wasn't filled with skin care products. JUST KIDDING, Lug.
    Fabricator 252i
    FP120
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor torches

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34

    Re: Everlast Customer Service

    I have really wanted to purchase their multi process 221 welder but I am just too concerned if I have trouble getting it or have problems. I am just a small business and cant afford to make a mistake.
    Tom

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cupertino, California
    Posts
    361

    Re: Everlast Customer Service

    I've had good and imperfect experiences with Everlast, but mostly good! I don't expect perfection, but I do expect to get attention when I complain by phone and to lugweld who is a responsive liaison. Just be upfront, honest, and patient with your complaints. So I'm STILL a happy Everlast customer, despite the lack of perfection. If you always expect to receive perfect/good customer service from any manufacturer--good luck with that! My .02
    Agape Guy
    Everlast Power I-MIG 200 (dual voltage)
    Everlast PowerArc 200 stick
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    Way too many power tools
    AWS Member

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cupertino, California
    Posts
    361

    Re: Everlast Customer Service

    Hi Copper Head, so what's the update? Pictures please of some welding with the Everlast and what your initial assessment is of the product quality after using it, at your convenience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Copper_Head View Post
    So, talking with the sales person six weeks ago, they said Everlast costs a little more than the cheapest imports but is much better quality, because they are NOT made in China, but Korea or Indonesia or something. OK, I can accept that as they do publish a 5-year warranty...

    Ummm.....LOL
    Attachment 1690045



    Well whatever, "the proof is in the pudding" so we will put her through a couple jobs to see how she stacks up before I take her home to my workshop.

    Sorry, IDK why these are rotating

    Attachment 1690046
    Attachment 1690047
    Agape Guy
    Everlast Power I-MIG 200 (dual voltage)
    Everlast PowerArc 200 stick
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    Way too many power tools
    AWS Member

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    14

    Re: Everlast Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Agape Guy View Post
    Hi Copper Head, so what's the update? Pictures please of some welding with the Everlast and what your initial assessment is of the product quality after using it, at your convenience.
    The older Syncrowave 210 has a smaller, smoother, more focused cone. Seems to heat better at less amps.
    The Everlast is fine on outside corners, even running these without filler, the puddle moves very well and smooth and flat.
    It just seems to fight on inside 90s, Tee joint. This should be an easy weld but it seems to need significantly more heat than the Miller to get a puddle going on this type of weld.
    Using the pulse does improve things, yet I feel like the amount of pedal I'm using to get the weld I want is border line too much and certainly more than on the Syncrowave.

    It is nice and compact and should be a good home gamer machine, which is the whole point to begin with. I want to get more confidence with it on mild steel then try some aluminum before I take it home.

    I've been super busy, 65+ hours a week right now. If I can get a chance I should do some side-by-side photos of the welds, Everlast vs Miller.
    Last edited by Copper_Head; 09-20-2018 at 09:44 AM.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Beacon and Pawling, New York
    Posts
    1,053

    Re: Everlast Customer Service

    Everlast customer service is why I now own a HTP221!
    Eventual master of the obvious, practitioner of "stream of consciousness fabrication". P.S. I edit almost every post because because I'm posting from my phone and my fingers sometimes move faster than my brain.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,746

    Re: Everlast Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Copper_Head View Post
    The older Syncrowave 210 has a smaller, smoother, more focused cone. Seems to heat better at less amps.
    The Everlast is fine on outside corners, even running these without filler, the puddle moves very well and smooth and flat.
    It just seems to fight on inside 90s, Tee joint. This should be an easy weld but it seems to need significantly more heat than the Miller to get a puddle going on this type of weld.
    Using the pulse does improve things, yet I feel like the amount of pedal I'm using to get the weld I want is border line too much and certainly more than on the Syncrowave.

    It is nice and compact and should be a good home gamer machine, which is the whole point to begin with. I want to get more confidence with it on mild steel then try some aluminum before I take it home.

    I've been super busy, 65+ hours a week right now. If I can get a chance I should do some side-by-side photos of the welds, Everlast vs Miller.
    Cone focus is a function of AC frequency and somewhat less, balance. Also amount of pedal needed is a relative thing based of linear qualities of the pedal potentiometer. The 210 unit has a very linear potentiometer now. Also the quickness of the wetin will depend upon the wave form.

    If you care to post up your settings, maybe we can figure out a way to improve the areas in which you are struggling with the unit.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    14

    Re: Everlast Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Cone focus is a function of AC frequency and somewhat less, balance. Also amount of pedal needed is a relative thing based of linear qualities of the pedal potentiometer. The 210 unit has a very linear potentiometer now. Also the quickness of the wetin will depend upon the wave form.

    If you care to post up your settings, maybe we can figure out a way to improve the areas in which you are struggling with the unit.
    Ummm not using AC right now, welding mild steel. I'm leaving the amps up all the way and using the pedal.
    I'm having someone watch the amps and basically I am welding just under 90 amps on the Syncrowave and it takes about 120 on the Everlast.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Posts
    4,746

    Re: Everlast Customer Service

    Worth checking calibration on both machines. Amps are amps. Volts are volts. Won't make a difference.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    9

    Re: Everlast Customer Service

    I've had nothing but good CS so far. I just communicated thru Emails finding out when my i MIG 140 would be shipped because it was on backorder. They were a little tough to communicate with when I made the purchase over the phone though, but it all worked out. Inverter arrived when they said it would.
    THAT'S HOT!

    EVERLAST POWER i MIG 140E
    *SOLD - Forney Easy Weld 299 125FC

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    89

    Re: Everlast Customer Service

    glad he got his order but can't stress enough that complaining here is not the way to get customer service from Everlast. This forum is provided as a convenience so we can discuss their products and maybe get light tech support from person like lugweld. A phone call is the first and best policy, short of a face to face meeting.

    There is so much email traffic now, legitimate and otherwise (decidedly otherwise thanks to entire underground networks of spambots) email is really the method of last resort if you are expecting any kind of immediate response. My own experiences certainly mirror that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS | Home | Penton Media | Contact Us | Subscribe | For Advertisers | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement