Hand cleaner - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hand cleaner

Re: Hand cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Slob View Post
    I've used diesel fuel for just about 50 years and it hasn't killed me either. Wife won't let me in the house till the soap treatment due to that overly aggressive "sniffer" she has.

We have a very good hand cleaner by "Joe's" around here locally, but but it doesn't leave your hands smelling like a man. Well maybe it does these days but that's a different story altogether.
    Face it, the Girlymen have taken over in the 21st Century.
    I was laughing at the steprodent's graduation as I listened to the speech about how they had arrived to save the world. They were all wearing long dresses for good reason.

20 years later, they've saved their world on their devices and not a one of the fools can look at a clock and tell what time it is. CCW and CW mean nothing, and don't dare tell one of them something needs to be set at the 4 oclock position to work. Hell they got welding machines with little digital readouts, and they don't know how to set the machine.

Halitosis, the world be saved!

"Face it, the Girlymen have taken over in the 21st Century."

Absolute rubbish.

If you put the nitrile gloves on on the way home, your hands will sweat clean.
    Mike

Esab Rebel 215
    Lincoln Weldanpower G7
    Plenty of grinders, hammers, pry bars and beer.

Autoparts stores sell pretty awesome citrus based cleaners that work pretty awesome. Water optional. One $10 dispenser seems to last through an awful lot of wrenching, for most people probably a year or so

Hand cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by JonWalter View Post
    Autoparts stores sell pretty awesome citrus based cleanersthat work pretty awesome.
    Sounds Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Baby oil
    is basically mineral spirits and or a thin oil. it removes oil, grease, tar, many types of paint, etc
    since its made for a baby it tends to be ok on your skin if not totally wiped off

I throw in another vote for the good old boraxo hand cleaner they had back in high school....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Witt View Post
    Interesting idea, but I wonder if police might see the gloves and assume
    you’ve stolen the truck, robbed a bank, or murdered someone.
    Miller a/c-d/c Thunderbolt XL
    Millermatic 180
    Purox O/A
    Smith Littletorch O/A
    Hobart Champion Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Witt View Post
    I try and wear them more and more while working with any greasy projects and chemicals as they all get absorbed into the skin and blood stream and cause bad things to happen to your health..also makes cleanup quicker..

For the really tuff stuff I use WD40 followed by about any hand cleaner.

jrw159

I also use Boraxo that's in a vintage chrome dispenser of the same name that I found at a salvage yard. Wet hands, give a couple of taps of powder, and a squirt of Dawn soap. Works great. The only problem with that method is you need water. I mounted my dispenser above an outdoor s.s. sink, but some don't have that option. For them waterless would be the way to go.

Whatever hand cleaner in the orange container that's on sale, and lava hand soap to get hands really clean.

I use "Oil Eater" liquid cleaner - available at auto parts store. Supposed to be safe even around food. Follow up with lava hand soap.

Doin' the dishes gets 'em really clean too.
    Mike

Esab Rebel 215
    Lincoln Weldanpower G7
    Plenty of grinders, hammers, pry bars and beer.

I love this woman, she has to be one of the smartest and pleasant people in the home repair and construction industry. See what see uses to wash her hands.

Quote Originally Posted by pjk View Post

Do any of you guys have a secret hand cleaner that really removes all of the black crap?
    I know that some people rub soap onto their hands while they're still clean and leave it and let it dry on their hands. It seems to fill the pores and prevent that fine soot and such from getting embedded in the skin. The only problem is that you can't wash your hands at all until the job is finished or else you have to repeat the process.

I've also found the pumice free citrus cleaner, with NO water to be the best.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Great ideas and suggestions! Thanks.
    I just recently stumbled on a cocktail that seems to work well for me- I use a white colored pumice based (thick) hand cleaner that is suggested to be used with water, but instead I mix it with the runnier yellow gritty mechanic's hand cleaner. This combo does well getting into all of the pores (wrinkles).