Bender recommendations?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Bender recommendations?

Im looking to you guys for recommendations on a better bender platform. I love my Hossfeld for doing solid bar, flats, angle and virtually everything but tubing. I am getting in quite a bit of aluminum/ marine fabrication work and while I can suffice bending tube on my Hossfeld with the dies I have, I don't really want to invest in more tubing dies for it as they are expensive and I know there are better platforms on the market. Currently I am between the Rogue Fabrication bender and of course the JD2 model 32 but I am certainly open to suggestions. What are your guys suggestions, pros/cons to each bender, etc? My Hossfeld does have a hydro-pack that i could easily adapt to the new bender.
    Everlast 255ext
    Trailblazer 275nt
    Hypertherm Powermax1000
    Acra Mill
    Syncrowave 200
    Hobart 210mvp
    Ellis 3000
    Rockwell 10x36 lathe
    Grizzly G0704
    Hossfeld 2 bender
    Huth bender

Re: Bender recommendations?

I have the JD2 Model 4. I bought it with the hydraulic cylinder and pump. It works well.

The Pro is the price is acceptable for the capabilities. It is a solid unit and works very well. Sure, some benders do more bend in one stroke, but I have never had issues with it.

Cons: If you are doing a lot of bending rather than just once in a while one-offs, You will probably be as frustrated as I am with having to pull the pins out to remove the material. The units that bend from under the table are more expensive for a reason.

There are many knock offs out there that were developed by people trying to make it cheaper. That works for the guy with a jeep he wants to build up for himself. It is not practical for a shop in my opinion.
    Lincoln Power Mig 350MP - MIG and Push-Pull
    Lincoln Precision TIG 275,Undercart cooler,Foot/Finger Amptrollers
    Lincoln Hobby-Weld 110v
    Lincoln SP-200 MIG and Hi-Freq Tig
    CK TIG TORCH, gas diffuser, pyrex cup
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101