WTB Allstate jet fluxer
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

WTB Allstate jet fluxer

I'm still looking for a Allstate Jet Fluxer to buy.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    (2) Miller Dynasty 350
    (1) Miller 250x (1) Torchmate 4x4 with PM 45

Re: WTB Allstate jet fluxer

I'm still looking for a Allstate Jet Fluxer if anyone has one that there not using. Thanks
    (2) Miller Dynasty 350

There has got to be a jet fluxer that's been sitting around that hasn't been used in years, if you have one I would like to buy it.
    (2) Miller Dynasty 350

There has to be a bunch of JW Harris Speed Fluxers around too.
    Thermal Arc 320SP
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC
    Thermal Arc 161STL
    Thermal Arc 190S
    Cut Master 82, 42.
    Victor Gas App.
    Ellis 1600
    Evolution Compound Mitre.
    Boxes of welding crap.

Never heard of the speed fluxer? similar to the jet fluxer?
    (2) Miller Dynasty 350

Hello I28.
    I own an Allstate Jet fluxer which I purchased many years ago from a local welding supply store along with jet flux fluid. It had been used by a bicycle and office chair manufacturer locally. I had to replace the top seal on the unit once as the rubber seal had torn due to a sharp thread on the neck of the bottle. Unfortunately spare parts are no longer available from ESAB, only jet flux fluid. As you probably know, these things are not dangerous if used correctly, as the pressure of the acetylene as it comes from the regulator into the jet flux bottle is very low, and the acetylene bubbles through the liquid, then on through the torch. The bottle is very thick steel (3/16" thick or so), solid drawn as one piece, and probably as strong as an acetylene tank, although not experiencing anywhere near the pressure the Acetylene bottles can hold. I am using mine to gas flux braze/bronze weld an 18 gauge mild steel sports car frame. If you are still looking for a gas fluxer, a firm in the U.K. (who could probably do with the business with Brexit hanging over the country), called Plasmatech, sell gas fluxers and liquids. The 'W' fluxer that they used to produce is no longer manufactured according to their web site, but they sell reconditioned units. They also sell a v. expensive new unit in the 750 pounds sterling range. Firms such as Arch Motors (former manufacturers of Caterham 7s and now the Ariel Atom in the U.K.), plus many other small racing car shops still use fluxers for space frame construction. The Brit. car constructors used to use Murex or Calor rods which were excellent, but a company called Weldability Sif sell a v.g spec. bronze/brazing rod specially formulated for jet flux use (SifBronze 101). It is recommended by Arch - which is what they use since the demise of Calor Bronze Craft No.3 which was the preferred rod of Lotus, Arch, Lola and many others. If you search www.SimpleSevens.org and click on the icon with the crossed Canadian and Union Jack flags there is a topic regarding braze welding rods with links to race car manufacturers who use jet fluxers. There are 3 excellent Youtube videos of an Arch Motors welder by the name of Brian Ashcroft who is shown bronze welding Ariel Atom frame tubes. if you enter 'Ariel Atom V8 welding' or 'Bronze Welding Ariel Atom' the 3 videos should appear. There is also a company in the U.S. called the Gas Flux Company of Ohio, who sell fluxers and liquids. Depending where you live in the world, buying in U.K. pounds or U.S. dollars, one may be better than the other.
    Hope this helps, and apologies for the length of the post. Cheers EW

Thank you Ed for your history and explanation. I bought a model 69 gasfluxer years a go. I have tried the rods from gasflux and the sif 101, they are similar. I managed to get some pretty good fillets and many hours of practicing. I was fortunate to make friends with a brazer that works at Arch who has a natural talent for bronzing, his work is amazing! I still own a Winkelmann WDF2 that made the chassis. I'm still searching for a jet fluxer because of it's portability compared to the model 69 which I have setup on a cart with fire brick. I'm hoping to free up some time and get back to brazing. If you ever want to sell your jet fluxer I would be interested buying it from you.
    Thanks, Kevin
    (2) Miller Dynasty 350

Thank you Ed for your history and explanation. I bought a model 69 gasfluxer years a go. I have tried the rods from gasflux and the sif 101, they are similar. I managed to get some pretty good fillets after many hours of practicing. I was fortunate to make friends with a brazer that works at Arch who has a natural talent for bronzing, his work is amazing! I still own a Winkelmann WDF2 that made the chassis. I'm still searching for a jet fluxer because of it's portability compared to the model 69 which I have setup on a cart with fire brick. I'm hoping to free up some time and get back to brazing. If you ever want to sell your jet fluxer I would be interested buying it from you.
    Thanks, Kevin
    (2) Miller Dynasty 350