Snap On 20i plasma torch?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Snap On 20i plasma torch?

Local shop has a used Snap On 20i inverter style plasma torch, in pretty good condition. It doesn't look like it has been used much, and according to Snap On, this model has only been offered since 2016...so at most its 2yrs old. I know Snap On isn't OEM for this cutter, and is stamped "Made in Italy"...anyone familiar with who makes these for Snap On? The torch itself is a CP41C, which looks to be a Cebora product. I'm assuming this is simply a rebadged Cebora Power Plasma 2025/M, but not 100% sure. If so, how do these compare with Thermal Dynamics or similar cutters? I can likely get the cutter for $400, would it be worth it over the Chinese imports? I currently have a 240v 40a plasma cutter, but wouldn't mind this one as it runs off 120v.

How easy is it to get consumables? Looks like the electrode, nozzle, and swirl ring *may* have to be replaced....
    Last edited by Jason280; 09-07-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Re: Snap On 20i plasma torch?

USA Weld might have parts available.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

cebo tec is also a distributor for cebora parts.

Well, I ended up snagging the Snap On a couple days ago, and it works great. The only issue I am having is sourcing consumables for the torch, which is turning out to be more difficult than I expected.

The torch itself is a Cebora CP41C, which I assumed was simply an updated version of the CP40. It very well may be, except the two torches apparently use different consumables. Of course, CP40 consumables are easy to find and cheap, but I have yet to find any source for the CP41. I know Snap On has them available, but I am not paying $10-15 per electrode....I'll swap the gun out to something more common before I do that.

I've tried calling and emailing Cebotech in Florida, who apparently is the US dealer for Cebora, but haven't had any luck so far