Tillman Glove Sizing
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Question Tillman Glove Sizing

Hey guys,

Now that I’ve gotten rid of some bad habits and have kept a pair of gloves for quite some time, I’d like to get a nice pair of Tillman’s. Specifically a pair of their 850 Elkskins.

I’d try them on but no one has them locally that I have called. So I’m going by their size chart. I measured just below my knuckles as they said and came up with 9.5 Inches, or medium. My main concern is with finger and palm length however. My middle finger is 3.75 inches from the tip to the knuckle. Wrist to tip of middle finger 8.25 inches.

I’ve found that some gloves are short in the fingers for me, so I lose some dexterity. Since I’m buying these gloves for some added dexterity, I need to make sure they fit well to achieve my purpose. Considering their price, don’t want to end up playing finger puppets when grabbing electrodes, or the brush, hammer, etc.

If anyone has a pair of these gloves and can let me know how they fit, or can measure finger size, I’d appreciate it!
    Last edited by Mmock4; 09-10-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    -Mark Smith

Vulcan ProTig200
    Vulcan MigMax 215

Re: Tillman Glove Sizing

I use the Tillman 850 large and have hand dimensions similar to yours.The gloves fit very well,but lack the "feel" for holding small filler wire like 1/16" and smaller .I wouldn't expect perfection because like a lot of stuff these gloves were made overseas.
    See this chart.
    Name:  Tillman Glove Sizing Chart.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  42.9 KB
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein

I wanted a mission and for my sins, they gave me one. - Captain Benjamin L. Willard

Thanks for chiming in, I’d be using these for stick primarily, maybe MIG. My real purpose with them is to just have a more comfortable and dexterous stick welding glove. Maybe a pair that aren’t as “Mitt”-like in function. Supposedly the elk skin is also more heat resistant. Which is good because after going through so many lbs of electrodes mine start to curl at the cuffs!

Glad to hear they fit you well with similar hand dimensions, I did consult the chart, and got M size, just wanted to make sure the fingers aren’t stubby.
    -Mark Smith

Vulcan ProTig200
    Vulcan MigMax 215

Quote Originally Posted by Mmock4 View Post
    Hey guys,

Now that I’ve gotten rid of some bad habits and have kept a pair of gloves for quite some time, I’d like to get a nice pair of Tillman’s. Specifically a pair of their 850 Elkskins.

I’d try them on but no one has them locally that I have called. So I’m going by their size chart. I measured just below my knuckles as they said and came up with 9.5 Inches, or medium. My main concern is with finger and palm length however. My middle finger is 3.75 inches from the tip to the knuckle. Wrist to tip of middle finger 8.25 inches.

I’ve found that some gloves are short in the fingers for me, so I lose some dexterity. Since I’m buying these gloves for some added dexterity, I need to make sure they fit well to achieve my purpose. Considering their price, don’t want to end up playing finger puppets when grabbing electrodes, or the brush, hammer, etc.

If anyone has a pair of these gloves and can let me know how they fit, or can measure finger size, I’d appreciate it!
    i have a pair or two of tillmans laying around doing nothing. shoot me a PM with your address and their yours.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Will do Doc, thanks!
    -Mark Smith

Vulcan ProTig200
    Vulcan MigMax 215