Woodworkers Sawmill Build - Page 3
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Woodworkers Sawmill Build

Some great builds in here. You guys have all the fun tools.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, L-tec, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock knocker View Post
    How are the pieces of end grain bedded into the wooden frame? Epoxy and wood dust grout?
    Liquid nails first then table saw dust sprinkled in and coated with sanding sealer.
    Then lots of varnish.

Hey kbeitz those are some great jigs you put together for your mill and your doing some nice work with them but your really should have started your own thread, there is certainly enough interest, and you have kind of taken over my thread, as modest as my creation is, it's design is different enough to deserve it's own thread.

I was kinda hoping we could keep your open and make one BIG one.
    But hey no problem... I'm out of here...

And stay out, lol. If you check out my blog I posted a manual at this link http://www.hobbyworkshopprojects.com...achine-10.html. Half the manual is instructions on how to make the old steel wheels you collect.

Quote Originally Posted by shophermit View Post
    but your really should have started your own thread
    I disagree. I like seeing them all in one place

Without using quotes that would make discussion pretty stupid since few like to refer to specific names, and since everyone tries to hog the spotlight, you would see alot less posts of new projects. Lumping everything together would also make it even harder to find a project with specific characteristics since you would have to mill through pages and pages of material.

Quote Originally Posted by shophermit View Post
    Without using quotes that would make discussion pretty stupid since few like to refer to specific names, and since everyone tries to hog the spotlight, you would see alot less posts of new projects. Lumping everything together would also make it even harder to find a project with specific characteristics since you would have to mill through pages and pages of material.
    Pages and pages? Maybe it's just me, but I can get to three with no problem. It's a free forum, and people will post where they want.

So your going to make it a big deal? Three pages ay, how about all the many other sawmill builds on this forum, all posted on the same thread, how many pages do you have now? It,s a free forum which means if people take over someone else,s thread when ever they want, with there own material, when they could just as easily have started there own thread, it's just going to cause confrontation and pretty soon the only people who will post anything are those who like confrontation. Now I didn't say discussion I said "confrontation". Don't go prolonging the issue with more BS it will be the last word on this thread.

It seems to be that you're the one getting angry and prolonging things.

Sounds like it's time to close this thread.