Woodworkers Sawmill Build - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Woodworkers Sawmill Build

Yeah,, wish I had more time and money than I knew what to do with... I have a 50 inch and a 60 inch blade for the circular mill... Also have an edger and 4 way planer for it ��

You have more money than I do if you have a 4 way planer, thats a heavy machine. Sounds like you have everything you need for some serious production. The unfortunate fellow I mentioned earlier was running a 60" blade run by a big diesel.

Mine runs on a 6 cyl. buda diesel, but like most of the scrap iron I have it needs a bit of work/$$$ to get it operational

Quote Originally Posted by shophermit View Post
    You have more money than I do if you have a 4 way planer, thats a heavy machine. Sounds like you have everything you need for some serious production. The unfortunate fellow I mentioned earlier was running a 60" blade run by a big diesel.
    Yeah, planer is pretty big and heavy... when I picked it up took my two axle car trailer with 7k axles and it really squatted the tires on it haven't weighed it but I'll bet it's over 14k by a bit... it's power plant is a straight six GM industrial gasser.

Sounds like you are going into production or a serious collector of sawmill tech. Have you got access to some of those huge west coast cedars and redwoods?

No, LOL

just have always like milling and the smell of fresh cut timber!!! most of my 'scrap iron' still needs a lot of TLC(repair) am slowly making progress though...

I guess even one of those redwoods could keep a guy busy for a long time, lol. It seems our interests aren't that far apart, my interest in sawing wood is strictly for my own use and enjoyment, and I have to keep telling myself not to bid on more used machines, until I rebuild the ones I have. I still have a 8" delta jointer, a 10" South Bend lathe and another 20" General band saw rusting away waiting for my attention. To much enjoyment, not enough time, lol.

LOL, yep seems you are in the same predicament as me not enough time (or $$$) I have done quite a bit of cutting for friends and neighbors never really planned on doing it for business... well maybe a very small scale setup... more of a hobby that is fun and relaxing, if I make a job out of it then all the fun is gone