Welding with a turban - Page 4
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Welding with a turban

Name:  millerhood.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  54.3 KB
    Just watch for exposed skin around the edges.
    Name:  burn.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  38.3 KB
    They could also use the frying-pan style, not sure how to TIG with one hand though?
    SqWave 200
    Millermatic 190
    Airco 200 AC
    Hypertherm PM45
    Boice-Crane Band Saw
    Victor O/A

Re: Welding with a turban

Glad you found a solution that works for the majority of your students. I figured there must be a culturally acceptable fix for this problem. There's lots of welding in India and the neighboring countries. There's also a hands free welding hood that the welder holds in place with their teeth. It's got a bite block right below the lens that keeps the shield in place. Not my cup of tea, but it does let the welder use both hands...

I was going to suggest the mask like the previous poster showed, or a pancake hood.

https://www.amazon.com/Sarge-Pancake.../dp/B00ZQ2X81A

Hope you're not teaching them overhead welding with E6010 or self shielded fluxcored wire...

good luck with the class.
    Benson's Mobile Welding at your worksite or place of business. Serving Dayton, Ohio and the surrounding metro areas.
    AWS Certified Welding Inspector (#XXX10731) and Certified Welding Educator (#XXX1008E)