I love having cheap throw away tools around for welding projects
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

I love having cheap throw away tools around for welding projects

I love having cheap throw away tools for welding projects.I find them at yard and garage sales including auctions snatching them up.I use them to make them into specialty tools.I am a heavy equipment and semi truck mechanic,have one drawer full of these specialty tools I made.One is a wrench I made for access to oil line fittings for Paccar diesel engines.I did not have an angle wrench for this and was in a pinch at the time.It worked and still have it around.My boss,he seen that box of them and now knows I use them to modify to make specialty tools out of them.Learned it from my dad whom passed away 3 years,made the tool if he did not have the tool for the job.They come in handy a lot for this

Re: I love having cheap throw away tools around for welding projects

Found this at the scrap yard along with many ather tools and use it for welding. Sorry about your father.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This wrench I mentioned,cut off an open end off a Chinese made 3/4" combination wrench and welded on a piece of steel on it

Yep I was a mechanic for years, anything from cars to trucks to diesel locomotives, spent almost 15 years on powerstrokes and duramax, about 10 on locomotives.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

crappy visegrips are like gold! I weld pieces on to them, and weld them to projects (temporarily)..... all the time. Just to have an extra 'hold' of something, and/or get that certain angle of piece together for a quick tack. NICE!

I am with you. I love making my own tools..It is limitless...As an off road fabricator, I priceless specially made tools. So sorry about your loss.