Spared!
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Spared!

Spared!

It looks like Il Duce's tariffs have spared us hick weldors that want a red or blue but can't afford it!

NOT SUBJECT TO IMPORT TARIFF:

"Machinery and apparatus other than hand-directed or - controlled, used for soldering, brazing or welding, not gas-operated."

WHEW!

Re: Spared!

Quote Originally Posted by Yofish View Post
    It looks like Il Duce's tariffs have spared us hick weldors that want a red or blue but can't afford it!

NOT SUBJECT TO IMPORT TARIFF:

"Machinery and apparatus other than hand-directed or - controlled, used for soldering, brazing or welding, not gas-operated."

WHEW!
    Actually what you quoted, would indicate that manual plug in welders would have a tariff.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Yes. It's a 25% tariff.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Key words he must have missed the "other than" part.

He must not have realized that makes it the opposite or reverses the statement.

...but they are gas operated. Lol.

Pretty simple though to just say well they are gas operated so screw you. It won't operate without the shielding gas so that makes it gas operated in my mind(wallet). LMAO !!!

So a engine drive wouldn't be subject to tariff. This is going to get real messy. They can't even spell it out where it is black and white but they make the laws. Beat them with their own words.

So gas operated. Is that gasoline or compressed gas ? So if it operated on diesel would be different.
    Last edited by danielplace; 09-23-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Well considering our president thought "clean coal" meant they physically clean the coal before burning it.....I am not surprised by this wording one bit. Technical, he is not.

You really think he gets into details like that? He has people for that...stick to welding and leave politics to your pinko friends.

Quote Originally Posted by makoman1860 View Post
    Well considering our president thought "clean coal" meant they physically clean the coal before burning it.....I am not surprised by this wording one bit. Technical, he is not.
    As someone who spent almost 3 decades in IT, the non-technical potatohead is HRC. Or she's just a big fat liar.
    Fabricator 252i
    FP120
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor torches

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shimanek View Post
    You really think he gets into details like that? He has people for that...stick to welding and leave politics to your pinko friends.
    I honestly doubt there is anyone technical in our government Otherwise they would be earning an honest living.

Hmmm. I'm wondering why EVERY unit that I've bought from Everlast is considerably less currently than I paid for them originally? Tariffs?

Maybe you got ripped off Yofish! JK! Probably due to greater competition and advancement of technology, either way it's good for us consumers

So I haven't paid attention to welder prices in a very long time, have everlast's prices and other companies prices gone up since the tariff?

I can only speak for the Everlast I bought and a few others that they make. They have went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Yofish View Post
    Hmmm. I'm wondering why EVERY unit that I've bought from Everlast is considerably less currently than I paid for them originally? Tariffs?
    I don't know if that applies any longer. Prices just jumped back up. I was considering one of the TIG models over the holidays but the price increase decided that! Not now!
    Ernie F.

There was a 20% off sale, I think they have those randomly threw out the year.

Quote Originally Posted by setlab View Post
    No. That was our largest sale ever, and when we have a major sale it is toward the end of the year. We do have some "weekly" or "monthly" specials.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by setlab View Post
    20% would push me over the edge...a new TIG and a water cooler. I may hold off upgrading to that new Millermatic 255 for a while.
    Ernie F.

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    No. That was our largest sale ever, and when we have a major sale it is toward the end of the year. We do have some "weekly" or "monthly" specials.
    I just started reading and visiting the web site last Dec., had no idea what the prices were before that. That explains why the prices increased after the 1st. Oh well so much for that.
    Ernie F.

Miller has a price increase that was supposed to go into effect yesterday. They have yearly ones and sometimes more than that. But we've held our pricing stable for several years now.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Miller has a price increase that was supposed to go into effect yesterday. They have yearly ones and sometimes more than that. But we've held our pricing stable for several years now.
    I didn't notice much of any price change in one of the products I have interest in from Miller. The Everlast prices varied approximately 12%!! That is directly from Everlast and exclusive of all the other offerings that can be found on the internet, Home Depot, Amazon, or where ever. I don't know what is up with all of that or why anyone would pay even more.
    No one likes to overpay - Every one likes to get a deal or a discount even if it is simulated.
    If you make a purchase then find out shortly after that same purchase could have been 10-12% less are you thrilled? I don't think so, evidenced by the post made previously by Yofish (post #9).
    Likewise as I was considering the Everlast products, the company and most important their reputation, the price swings for whatever reason turned me off. Products can be marked at any inflated price, slashed out and marked lower, that I see as the illusion of a "discount" or a "deal" and intended to entice one to make the purchase. That is one of many marketing games.
    Some of the best products I know of have stable consistent costs and prices. Yes they can rise with the cost over time. Some of the cheapest products I know of have prices all over the place, some with never ending clearance sales and 20% off coupons. Not sure where Everlast stands here.
    As a side note, I am not put off by foreign manufactured products, what I try to avoid is getting ripped off.
    Last edited by metalman21; 01-26-2019 at 01:25 AM.
    Ernie F.

We had a one time seasonal sale on items, the largest we've had in years (also with the advent of a new facility with tripled space and a large sale to fill it up and kick it off before the first of the year) and people accuse us of manipulating prices and putting artificial inflated prices on stuff. We are hit with a 25% tariff and haven't raised prices in about 5 years, yet when the sale goes off people are turned off. Some years we haven't even offered a seasonal sale, but if and when we do, it is usually on a handful of items. Yet now, when we try something new, people are all upset when pricing returns to normal and claim we are gouging.

I can assure you, we sell at full price quite regular, on a daily basis and not manipulating or inflating anything. We've still not raised prices, they've merely returned to normal. We are still offering our regular rotating specials on some items. But the discounts that are usually hover around 8 to 10% at most. We also have "pre-order" sales from time to time when volume is heavy and volume is low or we are out of stock, if people are willing to wait a couple weeks.

We offer a full 5 year warranty, not a 90 day or 1 year warranty. The other companies you alluded to offer short gimmick warranty and add on pay extra warranty. We offer full service, and not just ship out another unit if it fails under the brief warranty. We offer true tech support, not just some people able to read out of the manual, along with parts availability. Try that with other companies that manipulate pricing.

We've been around since 2004, and I've been here since 2009. We have people who have filled their commercial shops full of our product, and depend upon us heavily. We can't offer that kind of service if we are trying to play short term pricing games, where the product may be here today, gone tomorrow, and back under another name the next week. We aren't ripping off the product of another brand and copying it. We are innovating and introducing new product in the market place. That takes time and money.

I'm not sure why people feel hard to us of doing something bad or off putting by offering a sale for the season.
    Last edited by lugweld; 01-26-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT