Spared!
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Spared!

Spared!

It looks like Il Duce's tariffs have spared us hick weldors that want a red or blue but can't afford it!

NOT SUBJECT TO IMPORT TARIFF:

"Machinery and apparatus other than hand-directed or - controlled, used for soldering, brazing or welding, not gas-operated."

WHEW!

Re: Spared!

Quote Originally Posted by Yofish View Post
    It looks like Il Duce's tariffs have spared us hick weldors that want a red or blue but can't afford it!

NOT SUBJECT TO IMPORT TARIFF:

"Machinery and apparatus other than hand-directed or - controlled, used for soldering, brazing or welding, not gas-operated."

WHEW!
    Actually what you quoted, would indicate that manual plug in welders would have a tariff.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Yes. It's a 25% tariff.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Key words he must have missed the "other than" part.

He must not have realized that makes it the opposite or reverses the statement.

...but they are gas operated. Lol.

Pretty simple though to just say well they are gas operated so screw you. It won't operate without the shielding gas so that makes it gas operated in my mind(wallet). LMAO !!!

So a engine drive wouldn't be subject to tariff. This is going to get real messy. They can't even spell it out where it is black and white but they make the laws. Beat them with their own words.

So gas operated. Is that gasoline or compressed gas ? So if it operated on diesel would be different.
    Last edited by danielplace; 09-23-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Well considering our president thought "clean coal" meant they physically clean the coal before burning it.....I am not surprised by this wording one bit. Technical, he is not.

You really think he gets into details like that? He has people for that...stick to welding and leave politics to your pinko friends.

Quote Originally Posted by makoman1860 View Post
    Well considering our president thought "clean coal" meant they physically clean the coal before burning it.....I am not surprised by this wording one bit. Technical, he is not.
    As someone who spent almost 3 decades in IT, the non-technical potatohead is HRC. Or she's just a big fat liar.
    Fabricator 252i
    FP120
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor torches

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shimanek View Post
    You really think he gets into details like that? He has people for that...stick to welding and leave politics to your pinko friends.
    I honestly doubt there is anyone technical in our government Otherwise they would be earning an honest living.

Hmmm. I'm wondering why EVERY unit that I've bought from Everlast is considerably less currently than I paid for them originally? Tariffs?

Maybe you got ripped off Yofish! JK! Probably due to greater competition and advancement of technology, either way it's good for us consumers

So I haven't paid attention to welder prices in a very long time, have everlast's prices and other companies prices gone up since the tariff?

I can only speak for the Everlast I bought and a few others that they make. They have went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Yofish View Post
    Hmmm. I'm wondering why EVERY unit that I've bought from Everlast is considerably less currently than I paid for them originally? Tariffs?
    I don't know if that applies any longer. Prices just jumped back up. I was considering one of the TIG models over the holidays but the price increase decided that! Not now!
    Ernie F.

There was a 20% off sale, I think they have those randomly threw out the year.

Quote Originally Posted by setlab View Post
    No. That was our largest sale ever, and when we have a major sale it is toward the end of the year. We do have some "weekly" or "monthly" specials.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Quote Originally Posted by setlab View Post
    20% would push me over the edge...a new TIG and a water cooler. I may hold off upgrading to that new Millermatic 255 for a while.
    Ernie F.

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    No. That was our largest sale ever, and when we have a major sale it is toward the end of the year. We do have some "weekly" or "monthly" specials.
    I just started reading and visiting the web site last Dec., had no idea what the prices were before that. That explains why the prices increased after the 1st. Oh well so much for that.
    Ernie F.

Miller has a price increase that was supposed to go into effect yesterday. They have yearly ones and sometimes more than that. But we've held our pricing stable for several years now.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT