Amazon Cutmaster 60i - Page 8
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Amazon Cutmaster 60i

Ok that makes better sense now I'm still confused as to why the torch comes with a Toothed/geared bar. OH I think I get why now. The toothed bar is there for the motor on the gantry that runs the torch up and down. Doh LOL. I have never had a CNC anything and very little experience with plasma cutting alone so I am learning all this at home as much and as fast as I can.

I just stumbled upon the A40i / A60i User Manual which I think is more of a Automated machine out of the box but I'm not entirely sure of yet. I have not seen any TD A40i or A60i machines for sale when I google them.

I linked The A40i / A60i manual below. It has more machine cutting related information that is excluded in the 60i manual. I just downloaded it just in case for future use. You never know when links are going to be killed.

https://www.thermal-dynamics.com/the...466-manual.pdf

Here is a video I found useful in learning the A Series that can be related to this 60i

Last edited by N2 Welding; Yesterday at 04:03 PM.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

The torch is held in position by the gear rack/holder, and is manual to adjust with a gear rack being a way to do it. It's not your Z axis on your table which moves your torch up, and down. You can get torches without gear racks too. My Z has a bug-O-lite holder that uses the gear rack to set the torch height for extra room under the Z axis. also for bevel cuts. Set screws tighten the clamp, and hold the torch body. Gear rack is just for moving it in there with the knob manually.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Brand X; Yesterday at 06:00 PM.
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 38XL-SL-40
    Thermal 60i (Beast)

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!

Name:  thumb.gif
Views: 43
Size:  139 Bytes
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Air valve is for air flow. there is no motor on any part. Just need to ditch that out of your head, It just allows the start cartridge to cycle faster. Not a good deal is correct. It was to try to give pictures of a SV style torch head...
    Does the air valve/solenoid allow you to turn the air off after cutting before the machine normally would to save on gas if using Argon for gouging/marking ?
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

No,
    Iy's for consistence air control for on, and off at the torch body. The start carriage works better on automation things, Also for quicker cycle times. No programming for argon on the 60i
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 38XL-SL-40
    Thermal 60i (Beast)

No,
    Iy's for consistence air control for on, and off at the torch body. The start carriage works better on automation things, Also for quicker cycle times. No programming for argon on the 60i
    So I'm guessing that turning the Argon off manually at the tank might not be such a good thing after cutting is finished as it is used to cool consumables?

Have you heard of or seen any of the TD A40i or A60i machines ? Also what does a voltage divider do? I think I understand voltage divider. Voltage varies with arc length just like in welding and the THC is set up with a voltage divider to tell the THC how close or far away the tip is from the material being cut so the THC can maintain a constant height for optimum cut quality. Does that sound about right?

I was just watching this video about it.

Last edited by N2 Welding; Yesterday at 09:25 PM.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

I don't buy knock off caps.. Not for cnc work. Yes, it affects the arc. Just not going to buy anything aftermarket, when you can get factory on e-bay cheap enough.

You can use the drag tips for standoff. Just the stand-off ones really work with a shield too, and are designed to be standoff.. longer, and internal changes to the tip.. Got so many tips to pick from. Match the cut amps to the thickness yes.. You can get away hand cutting with the 60 amp tips either shielded or non shielded for a better view. even drag them if under 40 amps Smoother cut face, smaller Kerf, and less bevel running 40 amps on 1/8 etc. Try the stock setup, which is exposed,and 60 amp tips first..Modify to suit needs from there. The 9-8217 cup has a hole in it too.. It Just flows past the nozzle. Air use is about the same as the 9-8237 cup. (IMO anyway)

I just bought a separate 50 ft SL-60 torch, and machine only package. put me at $811.00 after rebate.. Could not post a link last night because the 50 ft torch got down to $271.00 Torch blew up to big money now.. The box came down to $601 before rebate.. That makes it $511. I don't need consumables or a ground lead, so very best deal for me. Had to pay $279.00 for my SL-60 standard. Which I like as well or better the the hyped up quick change..
    I have been traveling and doing wedding crap all weekend (not my wedding, just in it) and just got back to a computer to check this. I actually snagged the same deal Saturday night between the ceremony and the reception. I got the base unit at $615, and the 50' torch at $271 so I am at $786 after rebate but will tack on $33 for shipping to return my other unit, which arrived today. I stumbled on the torch while considering picking up a 3ph unit just for the torch and selling the power unit for $300 or something. I already have dinse ground cables that are larger and longer than the included one on the $1300 package unit. Second one comes Tuesday.

I think you could put a valve where you could reach ,and control post flow time some.I am just sticking with air, and not gong to worry about Argon I have a air scribe anyway..

I tried to get the $271.00 deal about 1/2 hour after I bought mine for $279.00 Man at some point I should just get some help.. I really do understand the difference between low $800/ mid $1300 for the same unit, other then a few little things.. My torch shows tomorrow,and machine only on Tues.. Amazon kind of forced my hand when they lost my second unit. They would of sent me another one, but I decided the piecemeal approach.worked better. I could send my first one back, but it works, and is in good shape,,Just put it on Craigslist with the QA torch/package,and power supply coming Tuesday. At my original price of $1355.00 No more of those around, and now prices on our machines have some value again. The power supply is all hooked up with my cnc torch, and table,so staying there. Cuts great, and had Thermals on my table forever.. Just a few Hypertherm units got in the way for a bit.. Nice, but not really for me, since I can do exactly what I need with the Thermal Dynamics stuff. Not for everyone, but same goes for Hypertherm.

I am thinking, by sitting on a few of these (up on Craigslist) allowing a bit of time to pass..You could have a free machine by selling two of them. That's even paying $1355.00 for one.. I am looking at having one machine for my Table with the SL-100SV torch, one setup with a 50 ft hand torch/portable grab, and go..You would still be in it less then one machine from a month ago. It works as well of better then a $1900.00 stripper Hypertherm 45XP.. With one year longer warranty. Hard to go wrong with just one or three of them..
    Last edited by Brand X; Yesterday at 11:34 PM.
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 38XL-SL-40
    Thermal 60i (Beast)

Well I got an email from Amazon saying that USPS damaged it as soon as they got it in their grubby paws (according to tracking info) and it was being returned to Amazon as undeliverable. got on chat with amazon and the replacement is going to ship out. first time I have had that happen with an amazon shipment.
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    Well I got an email from Amazon saying that USPS damaged it as soon as they got it in their grubby paws (according to tracking info) and it was being returned to Amazon as undeliverable. got on chat with amazon and the replacement is going to ship out. first time I have had that happen with an amazon shipment.
    I’m starting to suspect Amazon had a bunch of damaged cartons prior to shipping out to unsuspecting customers and that was the main reason for the ridiculously cheap pricing. Once they are shipped they can make their shipping damage claims or what ever they do. Bottom line I got a good deal even though it was not the $800 or less a couple of ya’ll ended up with.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

Like I said, I am happy with my $1355 units. Great value.. Just much more happier with buying one for $811 Although it just shipped tonight. Tuesday could be a whole nother story... I think both machines puts me at $1080 per unit. I am thinking about average for this Amazon deal. If I can unload my first machine on Craigslist it will allow me to work the system one more time.. I could work it now, but just as soon wait until I have a sale on the first machine. Although it will really be the box, and parts from it, and the second power supply when/if it get here in one piece. That will put me around $640 per machine with my SL-100 SV torch on one, and the 50ft Standard SL-60 on the other one. That is what I am shooting for, but just have to see how it plays out.. I am OK standing pat too.. Played this thing out pretty good, and a few moves left..

I have a feeling the best moves overall is the guys that bought a single phase box only, and a three phase complete unit, and dumped the three phase only box down the road.. two rebates, and a sold power supply would get you there real cheap..
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 38XL-SL-40
    Thermal 60i (Beast)

Re: Amazon/Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 60i

Na, Amazon is way too big to waste time with stuff like that.
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

I have a feeling the best moves overall is the guys that bought a single phase box only, and a three phase complete unit, and dumped the three phase only box down the road.. two rebates, and a sold power supply would get you there real cheap..
    That's exactly what I did. I'll probably just put it in an equipment auction and sell off the 3 phase unit.

Re: Amazon/Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 60i

I contemplated sitting on the $1300 one and trying to sell it, but I already have a ton of crap in that category lying around, taking the easy way out.....

Hearing about all the damage I am going to sit on the one I have until Tuesday, the box is in perfect condition.

I'm a sucker. I just finished paying for all my best offer deals and am now poorer :/ I'm starting to think maybe I should sell the 40 amp L-Tec machine after all.

I did a quick spread sheet to show what I got and calculated the total cost and per each piece.

Name:  purchased consumables 1.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  139.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by N2 Welding; Today at 02:12 PM.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 38XL-SL-40
    Thermal 60i (Beast)

Dang it LOL Yeah I meant to get that but forgot. Thanks for helping me spend my money.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

This QA torch starts to make sense if you load up a gouging/etc setup. Kind of a cool feature in this respect..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079YSZ4K8...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 38XL-SL-40
    Thermal 60i (Beast)

Hey Scott do you know if there are any difference in the Stand off Guides. I see 3 different numbers.

9-8422 Standoff Guide for all applications
    9-8251 40A Standoff Guide
    9-8281 60/100A Standoff Guide
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

This QA torch starts to make sense if you load up a gouging/etc setup. Kind of a cool feature in this respect..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079YSZ4K8...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    OMG you make it hard to resist LOL. now if only you could find me a machine torch head like that
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

9-8281 60/100A Standoff Guide seems like the one you would use the most. Plenty on arc length even with 40 amp nozzles in tow.. Probably could be fine with the 40 amp also,but just deal with it..
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 38XL-SL-40
    Thermal 60i (Beast)

Ok so stand off distance is different for each guide then.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; Today at 03:34 PM.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

Yep. adjustable might be nice, but I would just buy the one on the shown on the top of the cutter.. That's all you need there. put it on, and done.

Speaking of done??

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079YWMFXB...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 38XL-SL-40
    Thermal 60i (Beast)

Does Thermal Dyne make a QD machine torch?
    Last edited by N2 Welding; Today at 03:53 PM.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A