Amazon Cutmaster 60i - Page 16
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Re: Amazon Cutmaster 60i

I checked the status of the rebate and it is looking good.

Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing. Please refer to your rebate form for estimated processing times.

Promotion Name :
    ESAB Burn and Earn Fall Promotion - 2018
    Submit Date :
    10/23/2018

Rebate :
    $100.00
    Submission Type
    On-Line

The Thermal Dynamics cart previously linked is listed for almost $300.00 on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/THERMAL-DYN....c100033.m2042
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 11-01-2018 at 02:03 PM.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

ePay is a very efficient way for marketing to establish the best price point.
    Chinese vendors figured the technique out a few years back using multiple Buy it Now listings.

Decided to make a few handles until I can get in and warranty the two broken ones .. Works well enough for me..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 38XL-SL-40
    Thermal 60i (Beast)

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong!

Isn't there a Comment section on Amazoom where buyers get to post their impression of the machine/toy they bought?

If there is my hunch is replacement handles would be flying to buyers fast if appropriate comments were made regarding shipping damaged units and broken handles not really up to the task of surviving in the world.

They should just ditch all the handles, and go back to the old school roll bar..

That said. I will be lifting most of the machines weight with the top handle only. This machine stays put though..

Yes there is a comment section, but doubt Thermal really cares what people think..If they cared, they would of s##t canned that whole setup.
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 38XL-SL-40
    Thermal 60i (Beast)

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Need a cart? I had a few these years ago. and under $60.00 it is worth it..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The price really went up on the cart.
    Miller xmt304, Miller S22 p12, Miier Maxstar SD, Miller 252 w 30A, Miller super32p12, Lincoln Ranger 9, Thermal Arc 181I with spoolgun, Hypertherm 10000 ,Smith torches. Esab 161lts miniarc.

Re: Amazon/Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 60i

Anyone know what that code means that comes up on startup? O3C3?
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

Go to the 4.07 mark.. Had it linked to that time, but reverts back to the start.
    Last edited by Brand X; 11-04-2018 at 10:20 PM.
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 38XL-SL-40
    Thermal 60i (Beast)

Are you guys still having issues with code E012? I get it on both torches, called ESAB. they suggested taking it to my local LWS who will ship it to service center in Sacramento.
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    Are you guys still having issues with code E012? I get it on both torches, called ESAB. they suggested taking it to my local LWS who will ship it to service center in Sacramento.
    I only had that issue when I had the Electrode damage in my torch. I have not tried to use the machine since the last time I was cutting the bat wings. I may have damaged the electrode by trying to clean it and scrape it with the tip of my pocket knife. I think that may have been an issue I was having with my electrode and the E012 code. Have you cleaned and inpected the start cartridge to make sure it is not damaged or sticking causing the fault.

This is right from the service manual:

7. E012, Output Fault
    While most faults will clear when the problem is resolved, E012 requires recycling the power after correcting
    the cause. Circuits monitor the voltage between torch electrode and work. Less than about 30V during pilot or
    attempting to pilot and transfer will set the fault. The pilot arc starts by passing current through the electrode,
    via the start cartridge to the tip. Then gas flow forces the start cartridge away from the tip resulting in an arc
    with voltage exceeding 30v by a significant amount. If the parts fail to separate in the required time the voltage
    will remain low and the fault is set.
    Common cause is failure of the torch parts to separate with gas flow. The fault requires shutting off the power
    which you should do anyway while inspecting the parts. Check the start cartridge. Make sure the plunger
    moves freely. Try new parts.
    An automation torch (SL100SV) whose solenoid fails to open does not set a pressure fault but prevents the parts
    from separating which can cause an E012 fault. Refer to Power ON section, step #4, Gas Purge, to troubleshoot
    the torch mounted solenoid.
    Another, probably rare, cause of E012 is a sudden loss of pressure while piloting or cutting such as when the gas
    supply hose comes off or bursts. The parts come back together causing low voltage before the pressure sensor
    detects the loss of pressure. If the fault cause is not from loss of pressure, try these steps:
    a. Possible short in the torch lead or handle. If available, try another torch or disconnect the torch from the
    plasma supply, then remove the shield cup and tip. Measure at the torch head from the electrode to the
    brass threads that the shield cup screws on to. It should be open, several hundred thousand ohms. If low
    resistance the torch is faulty.
    b. A problem with the HTC1 current transducer causing its output to signal current when there is none can
    also set the E012. With the unit at idle on the Inverter board at J601 measure voltage from J601-4 (common)
    to J601-3. It should be near zero. If it is positive refer to #8 in the section Pilot & Transfer under
    “Some faults don’t set a code” to test the transducer and its harness.
    c. This would be rare but a short in the ribbon cable with the signal V_SENSE on pin 13 is shorted to gnd
    (pin 14) can set the E012. Remove both ends of the ribbon cable and check resistance from pin 13 to 14.
    It should be open.
    CUTMASTER 60i
    d. A faulty voltage measurement circuit on the Inverter board might cause the unit to not recognize that
    there was voltage on the electrode. You can remove the ribbon cable from the Control & Display board
    and with the unit powered up (the display will not be on). Measure between common at pin 50 of the
    ribbon cable connector (or the work lead) and pin 13. Also from common to pin 49. Both should be zero,
    less than 0.01V. If higher the Inverter board may be faulty.
    e. If step d. was OK now remove the red pilot wire for the ATC to Inverter board stud marked TIP. Now
    measure common to ribbon cable pin 13. Now it should read 0.05V. If not, if still zero or if much higher
    replace the Inverter board.
    f. Another possibility is the Control & Display board but the only way to tell is replace it.

Name:  TD 60i Error E012.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  110.8 KB
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 11-06-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

I needed a right angle fitting for the air line to fit it on my cart. Found a nice swivel as Lowes for $8 and takes the strain off the machine attachment point.
    I noticed this when you posted it but did not say nothing at the time. I did not want to sound all preachy. The manual says not to use teflon tape as it could get into the plasma cutter and cause problems.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    I noticed this when you posted it but did not say nothing at the time. I did not want to sound all preachy. The manual says not to use teflon tape as it could get into the plasma cutter and cause problems.
    Won't happen if you know how to apply the tape, a thread back from the end

Good point, and while you are at it.. try removing the angle flow restriction device.. You can use type if you are careful with it.Keep the tape back from the end of the threads, and no tape will get into the system. It's just getting carried away with the stuff. I generally this type of stuff, but not always.. This might be overkill on amount though..

https://www.amazon.com/42002-Slic-Ti.../dp/B01FXXUUJE
    Esab 2200i-TA34
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Arc Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal 38XL-SL-40
    Thermal 60i (Beast)

Won't happen if you know how to apply the tape, a thread back from the end
    I was not assuming you don't know what you are doing and that is why I did not say anything initially. Just pointing out an observation and that you might want to make sure you don't have any teflon tape on your unit before it goes in for repair diagnosis .
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Good point, and while you are at it.. try removing the angle flow restriction device.. You can use type if you are careful with it.Keep the tape back from the end of the threads, and no tape will get into the system. It's just getting carried away with the stuff. I generally this type of stuff, but not always.. This might be overkill on amount though..

https://www.amazon.com/42002-Slic-Ti.../dp/B01FXXUUJE
    I had issues using the ESAB unit in my sig when I was doubling up on the regulated air from the compressor. I was using one before getting to the units regulator/oil/water separator in addition using a 1/4 hose. I bypassed the regulator at the compressor and used 3/8" hose and that fixed the air supply issue.

Here is a smaller amount

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B743ZQE...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 11-06-2018 at 08:19 PM.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

Hey soutthpaw did you try the plasma with out the swivel and how do your consumables look?
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

Hey soutthpaw did you try the plasma with out the swivel and how do your consumables look?
    I didn't because I got that code even before I added the flex air coupler, I did clean out the starter as it felt a bit of friction sliding back and forth. Seems nice and smooth now.

I didn't because I got that code even before I added the flex air coupler, I did clean out the starter as it felt a bit of friction sliding back and forth. Seems nice and smooth now.
    still getting the error?
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

Haven't used it since cleaning.

Awe man.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

Awe man.
    Still got the code, going to pick up a standard 90° elbow for the air. It only sends to happen on either first start up or new consumables.

You running 125 psi at the machine?

I am still waiting for the 10 nozzles from the UK ebay seller.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 11-07-2018 at 08:06 PM.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A

Once I spent some time with mine, first time plasma owner, I noticed that I was causing the plasma jet to go out. Once I noticed that I started doing a better job.

Vince

You running 125 psi at the machine?

I am still waiting for the 10 nozzles from the UK ebay seller.
    I got 50, and 30 electrodes. Should be set for life. Probably bought too many electrodes as they seem to last a long time. Might sell off 10 or so...
    My compressor is 155psi

I got 50, and 30 electrodes. Should be set for life. Probably bought too many electrodes as they seem to last a long time. Might sell off 10 or so...
    My compressor is 155psi
    pm inbound.
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    Thermal Dynamics 60i
    ESAB Mig Master 250
    Victor Performer O/A
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A