Wanting small tig welder
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Wanting small tig welder

Looking for a small tig welder. Must be 120v/220v and have HF start. Only need DC
    Dynamic Metalworks
    Montrose, CO

DynMetalworks.com

Re: Wanting small tig welder

Hello,
    I don't know what your budget is,or how you feel about Chinese products . All of that said ,what about the Amico tig205 ? $300 +/- .

Regards,Ed

This...all day. https://www.harborfreight.com/weldin...put-63618.html

They offer a risk free 1 year trial period. If for any reason you don't like it in that year, you bring it back for a full refund. Comes with everything you need except the bottle of argon...foot pedal, regulator, torch, etc. The Everlast Powerarc 161STH is kind of interesting (I like the stick welding features better-hot start and dig functions), but once you throw in a foot pedal it is more money, plus you have to pay the shipping, and it is a worthless warranty in my opinion (mail order only, after the first 30 days, you have to pay to ship the unit back and forth for service, at your expense, no 1 year trial period). If there is a Harbor Freight local to you, I think that's the ticket.
    Millermatic 252
    Syncrowave 250
    Purox Metalmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    I agree, I have the big brother to the 165. I like it a lot, for a TIG machine it does pretty well on stick too with the exception of 6010.

It’s an all inclusive machine, with a good balance of features to price. Harbor Freight has really got in a good offering with these budget friendly welders. 1 year risk free, local, and priced right.

There are of course options in red, and blue flavors if that’s what you like. But I’d choose the Vulcan over an Everlast, Amico, Lotos, etc anyday. All depends on your preference.
    -Mark Smith

Vulcan ProTig200
    Vulcan MigMax 215
    Hypertherm PowerMax45 Xp

Thanks for the replies. It has got me thinking and I maybe changing my entire mobile setup.
    Dynamic Metalworks
    Montrose, CO

DynMetalworks.com