Opinion on inverter welders - Page 4
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Opinion on inverter welders

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    The Airco 300 is far superior in weight than those fancy Dynasty machines

Carbs are way better than digital on cars. I don't even get to pump the pedal twice before turning the key anymore.

But electronic fuel injection is a necessity on 4 wheelers, Miller welders and Harleys.
    My old Union Carbide Linde UCC305 tig welders were 1000lbs each. I burned out the transformers on 5 out of 6. The 6th one I sold as it was loosing grunt. But only after I could program my Dynastys to match the low power arc of the Linde without killing small parts. All of that work went away anyway.

Of all my cars I have never had to touch my fuel injection. I have rebuilt my Toyota truck carb a couple of times, and my 68 merc cougar a couple of times. My VWs I just toss the factory carbs for Bosch aftermarket. My daughter totaled my last bug.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200withspoolgun,MKCobra Mig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig3ea.

Re: Opinion on inverter welders

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    My old Union Carbide Linde UCC305 tig welders were 1000lbs each. I burned out the transformers on 5 out of 6. The 6th one I sold as it was loosing grunt. But only after I could program my Dynastys to match the low power arc of the Linde without killing small parts. All of that work went away anyway.

Of all my cars I have never had to touch my fuel injection. I have rebuilt my Toyota truck carb a couple of times, and my 68 merc cougar a couple of times. My VWs I just toss the factory carbs for Bosch aftermarket. My daughter totaled my last bug.
    Yeah I know - just playing around

The kids at school sure like my Airco. But if I brought a Dynasty I bet they'd like it more.

I really like fuel injection on my motorcycle. No cleaning carbs each spring. My little fishing boat has a four stroke injected motor - bought the boat well used and that nice little motor came with it

If I can ever justify it, I'm gonna buy an accel power Miller so it can weld and make electricity quietly...unlike my little Bobcat 225.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.