Trailblazer jump problems
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Trailblazer jump problems

I have a trailblazer 302 kohler motor
    Unknowingly jumped a dead batter w charger and blew a board i think.
    I know the volt reg is shot. Also it started welding lees power and then died
    Anyone know of the troubleshooting necessary?

Perhaps a thread about this?
    Thanks
    Aloha

Re: Trailblazer jump problems

Before you start replacing boards, check all the fuses. Your manual will tell you the fuse locations.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Torchmate CNC table
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2
    Ironworkers Local 720

Tha ks Jason,
    I will do that. It does run,doesnt charge,doesnt weld. Im looking for a troubleshooting guide and or a wiring diagram. Im pretty savy in electronics.
    Was a et in the navy
    Aloha
    Dan

Class... Repeat after me... NEVER turn on the ignition on one of these machines with a battery charger connected and running. Charge the battery, disconnect charger and attempt to start the machine. Sorry OP, but I think you nailed a board or 2. There should be some info down in the Miller forum.

But on second thought, you may have a blown fuse depending on the charge/start procedure you used. High battery charge voltage is not good for the boards, and immediately forcing the engine to charge a bad/low battery can blow a fuse.
    Last edited by 12V71; 10-08-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks 12 v i never charged the battery with it turned on,sorry. Im a bit sharper than that. I helped do the research on the power supplies on the space shuttle in the 80's(not the chalenger btw)
    Aloha

Quote Originally Posted by starwind View Post
    Thanks 12 v i never charged the battery with it turned on,sorry. Im a bit sharper than that. I helped do the research on the power supplies on the space shuttle in the 80's(not the chalenger btw)
    Aloha
    Get a manual and check all your fuses first. I don't have a manual close by at the moment, but the first fuse I would check is on the engine side of the firewall on the lefthand side looking at the machine from the control end. I think that is "F1".
    Since you mentioned the Space Shuttle, I had to get a FRA Locomotive Engineers licence in 1998, the man that signed me off was named Frank Scobee… He had a son named Dick Scobee. The commander of the final Challenger mission. Frank was very proud of his son. And I am glad I got to spend that time with him.

Both the Scobies are heros in my book
    Dan