Hello from Minnesota.
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Hello from Minnesota.

My welding background is about 5 years building and repairing rolloff boxes and truck repairs. Also heavy truck mech. for 14 years. Many years ago , I worked for a welding outfit in N. Houston. Portable welding rigs did a lot of work in Weingarten Food warehouses
    Jameson welding was the outfit on Homestead rd in Houston. The weldors there were very skilled especially at pipe welding I don't know if they or the Food company is still around. I do some welding still in my home shop.

Re: Hello from Minnesota.

Welcome from Bemidji
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

From comparatively tropical VT, another old guy welcomes you.

Willie
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

My oldest son went to college out in Vermont, He liked Vermont and Vermont residents, but didn't like the school and came back. He met the gov. while helping out after a flood , seven, eight years ago?? I have general welding knowledge, but have done a lot of framework on heavy trucks extending, shorting.. also ASE certified truck mechanic if anyone has questions

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1955 View Post
    My oldest son went to college out in Vermont, He liked Vermont and Vermont residents, but didn't like the school and came back. He met the gov. while helping out after a flood , seven, eight years ago?? I have general welding knowledge, but have done a lot of framework on heavy trucks extending, shorting.. also ASE certified truck mechanic if anyone has questions
    I have some VERY personal stories of Irene!

Lets not blame UVM, or Burlington on Vermonters. Burlington, and UVM have become the center of the universe for liberal thought. Think of it like East Berlin used to be in Germany. No need to wall it in Burlington is afraid of Vermont. They do send plenty of legislators to Montpelier. VT boasts 90% of its state legislators were born in other states. Like baby moose, Vermonters will follow wolves thinking they are our mothers.

Vermont was once the most conservative state. That hasn't changed, except that we only elect liberals. i GOT NO EXPLANATION.

Funny you should mention trucks....... Yeah, I have shortening questions.

Willie
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

My son said the college was full of rich spoiled kids from NY, and back east. my son is not rich or spoiled but has done well for himself. He said the Vermont residents were very honest folks with a lot of commonsense..I work parttime in the most liberal part of MN. I only go down there if they pay me. I work in South Minneapolis. nice to hear from you . gotten a little away from welding here. I have some welding equip for sale on this site
    Last edited by Husky1955; 10-09-2018 at 09:34 PM.

What made you join and brought you out of the woodwork?
    Gina M. Tabasso
    HGR Industrial Surplus
    gtabasso@hgrinc.com
    www.hgrinc.com

Welcome from Stokes County, NC.
    Lance R

2012 Miller Bobcat 225
    Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Lincoln LN-25
    Torch set

Welcome from western Hennepin Co MN. The politics here may not suit your taste (and in many instances, not mine either), but this is where the jobs are. And the well paid folks are driving me off my small farm with their $700+K homes right next to my property lines. I envy your location.

Keep your arc bright!

Paul in MN

I am cleaning out my shop/garage have donated old motors and engines to the local shop class at a highschool. and gathered up what I have in welding for sale. I have often read things on welding web and found them interesting. I have an old stick welder . several 9 inch grinders and a 14" cold cut saw which I plan on keeping. I am looking for a project to build !! There is a old hardware store up my way that still sells weldng rod by the pound, 1/8 5/32.. 6011, 6013, 7018...I buy welding supplies at metro welding ne mpls and iron at Garliek steel in N. mpls. there is also a metal recycling place up in Isanti that will sell iron scrap for welding. projects. iron has gotten very expensive ! Lowes sees Lincoln welding rod which seems way better what menards sells. metro also sells rod by the pound. If anyone out there can weld stainless steel you can sometimes make money repairing things for restaurants. My daughter worked at macdonalds and showed up late with a hood for a French fry machine I repaireded and saved the French fry machine for the next day's shift they gave me 25.00 for a 5 min job. it was the only machine they had.. money is sometimes where you look and find it. Like, how else are you going to get it fixed at 11pm ?
    Last edited by Husky1955; 10-12-2018 at 12:18 AM.

If you are ever up in ne mpls stop in at metro welding. Very cool welding store. they sell used and new eguip. I took in a box of used torches and a regulator. I traded 2 torches and a reg. for 2 tips for my harris torches 3 grinding wheels 3 cut off wheels and 5 lbs of welding rod(all new) I now have 2 complete torches instead of a boxful of parts torches very nice place and fair