Miller Bobcat 250
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Miller Bobcat 250

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum. Not sure where to start but here goes. I have a bobcat 250 LG052622. It will not start. I have replaced the vacuum pump and fuel filter to start with. Not sure where to go from here. I contacted miller for a service manual which they would not sell to me and referred me to a distributor and they would not sell me one either. Anyway if anyone knows how to troubleshoot this unit I would like some help. The unit was running fine after oil and filters were replaced along with the fuel filter. It started up and ran for about eight hours that same day but would not start up the very next morning. Thanks for any and all suggestions. Have a nice day. Did I mention I was not a welder just a dad trying to help his son. Thanks again for any assistance.

Re: Miller Bobcat 250

Is it cranking over and just not firing?
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Torchmate CNC table
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2
    Ironworkers Local 720

You need the engine service manual which would come from the engine manufacturer or just hunt it down online. Find the troubleshooting guide and work your way down the list....

What is the unit doing or not doing?
    Lance R

2012 Miller Bobcat 225
    Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Lincoln LN-25
    Torch set

Hello again, Thanks for the advice. I was able to solve the problem. I was checking all the wired connections and found the wire for the fuel shut off in front of carburetor under the air filter was broken. Wire was still in the connector like it should have been but when I pulled on it came off. Repaired it and then found positive on battery connection was cracked so I replaced it and the unit fired up and is running again.
    Thanks again for all your advice.

Glad to hear you found the problems right away and that they were easy fixes. Thanks for keeping us up to date.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!