New from Minnesota
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

New from Minnesota

New here. My name is Mike and my wife Jo, and I , live on 10 acres north of Dassel, Minnesota. I weld at home to do repairs and various projects and use my Hobart Stickmate LX and Victor acetylene set. I have a blacksmith set-up as well. I'm retired from USAF and long-haul trucking and besides welding and blacksmithing , I'm into ham radio, I play banjo, mandolin and am learning dobro, fly fishing , black powder and Native American history and crafts. I hope to make some friends here and learn from all of you.

Re: New from Minnesota

Welcome from the north country - up in Bemidji
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Unclelevi,

Welcome!

I'm not too far away, just the next county east of your place. I am also involved in blacksmithing. If you are not aware, there are some great blacksmithing groups not far from us. I am a member of the Guild of Metalsmiths, a very active group mostly in the Metro area, but with many members who are within 100 miles of the metro. There also is a Central MN blacksmith group led by Ken Zitur and his wife Mary Lou. Both groups offer classes to help us develop our skills, and monthly or semi monthly meetings to meet and greet other active, creative, and knowledgeable folks.

I also entered into the hobby farm lifestyle when I bought my 5 acres and built the house and barns and have lived here for the last 47 years. But now suburbia is pushing hard to see us gone. My oldest son and I are actively farming land in Hennepin, Wright, and Redwood counties. Thus there is usually equipment to repair, and modifications to be made to make things better for our operation. I claim that the welder(s) in our 2 shops have made us more $$$ than any other tool we have. The $$$ "made" have been $$$ that we do not have to spend on very high parts prices, and crop saved because we can fix breakdowns in just a few hours, compared to waiting 3 to 10 days for parts to be ordered and delivered.

Again, WELCOME, and I hope we meet in person.

Paul Hetchler
    Plymouth MN

Welcome!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

Welcome! I think you will fine here much interesting information))

Welcome Emilie Turner!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN