350 p pulse on steel
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

350 p pulse on steel

I've got a bottle of 90/10 to try out pulse on steel so far I'm not super happy with my results I've had burn through on .065. I've never had that problem in regular mig .I love that theres hardly any spatter but I'm wondering is their a proper technique of push or pull since you don't have as much adjustment as regular mig. I know push on thin pull for more penetration or just turn up the heat etc but since I only have basically 1 control are you supposed to use one or the other on pulse steel do the same rules apply ??? Thanks for any input 😁
    350P 30A spool gun cut master 51 syncro 250 other stuff
    " take a dog off the street and make him prosper and he will not bite you sad the same cannot be said for man" i didnt use punctuation just to piss you off

Re: 350 p pulse on steel

On my 352MPA I run arc length around 45 most of the time. On thin stuff I might go down into the 30s. Wire speed near what you'd run short arc, but I find on thin stuff I run less wire than I would short arcing. Push or pull doens't seem to make a difference for me. I run tweco guns with slip nozzles and seem like playing with tip recess makes a lot of difference.

It's going to be hotter due to the gas change. Try your standard 75/25.
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

You can't get into pulse spray worth a chit with 75/25. Plus the machine is programmed for 90/10 in spray mode.

OP didn't say he was trying to spray transfer. If he is burning through, short circuit pulse may help. Don't know till you try...
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

I don't think there is a way to do anything but spray transfer on the 350p
    350P 30A spool gun cut master 51 syncro 250 other stuff
    " take a dog off the street and make him prosper and he will not bite you sad the same cannot be said for man" i didnt use punctuation just to piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by umahunter View Post
    I don't think there is a way to do anything but spray transfer on the 350p
    yes there is. look in your manual, or download one at millers website. if you want spray to work on such thin metal your going to have to move really fast.

i would suggest as southpaw said and run 75/25 short arc for thin material.
    General Contractor
    Commercial Industrial & Custom Residential
    Specializing in all things Metal

Not sure why you're even trying to pulse spray on .065" kinda thin for pulse spray unless you're running some crazy fast travel speeds 😲

And yes the 350p does short arc and VERY well at that. 😉