Millermatic 255
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Millermatic 255

Millermatic 255

https://www.millerwelds.com/equipmen...-welder-m30174

Pretty slick looking machine. Love that it comes with a Bernard gun.
    Millermatic 211 w/Spoolmate 150
    Hypertherm PMX45XP

Wishlist:
    HTP Invertig 221

Re: Millermatic 255

I'd want no part of their new garbage.Go get a 252 that has been proven or go with an HTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzoo View Post
    I'd want no part of their new garbage.Go get a 252 that has been proven or go with an HTP.
    The earth is flat. Everywhere I look it is flat!
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200withspoolgun,MKCobra Mig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig3ea.

Are you fu**in kidding me?? How can you say something like that when the machine isn't even out yet??? ppl like you is what's wrong with the world today. Always negative and in a bad mood, forreal no one like that sh*t bro. get lost with that stuff.... Drives me nuts...

2017 Everlast Powertig 210 EXT with a CK 20 and water cooler
    Miller Multimatic 215
    Hypertherm Powermax 45 XP

I'll sell you my 350p for $3K and buy a 255, then we can both be happy. I like the portability and that it will work with my spoolgun and push pull gun.
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

ive use the hell out of a old 211 at work i brought the new 211 for home use and it blows the older 211 out of the water the 255 i bet will be sweet.

I’ll stick with my iron/copper machines.
    I’m pretty sure those inverter-based
    machines are the work of the devil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Miller a/c-d/c Thunderbolt XL
    Millermatic 180
    Purox O/A
    Smith Littletorch O/A
    Hobart Champion Elite

Quote Originally Posted by jpump5 View Post
    I’ll stick with my iron/copper machines.
    I’m pretty sure those inverter-based
    machines are the work of the devil.

If " devil" is board of directors/built in limited lifetime.....you're on the right track.

I'll be at Fabtech Tuesday, see if I can get my hands on it!

Quote Originally Posted by LtBadd View Post
    I'll be at Fabtech Tuesday, see if I can get my hands on it!
    Definitely report back with your initial impressions! One thing that I can't find on the spec sheets or product page is whether or not it has fan on demand. I've really grown to love that feature on my 211 and PMX45XP. Would you mind asking for me?
    Millermatic 211 w/Spoolmate 150
    Hypertherm PMX45XP

Wishlist:
    HTP Invertig 221

Quote Originally Posted by DerekV View Post
    Definitely report back with your initial impressions! One thing that I can't find on the spec sheets or product page is whether or not it has fan on demand. I've really grown to love that feature on my 211 and PMX45XP. Would you mind asking for me?
    Im going to say with certainty that it does. Basically ALL of millers newer machines and most of their older machines have it. I love that feature as well and wish ALL manufactures would use it!!!

Miller Multimatic 215

Sorry, the day of your post I was already in Atlanta and didn't check the forum, a call to Miller sales team would answer all your questions.

The machine was larger then I thought, I guess I had the 211 in mind, but still not too big for those of us tight on space, YMMV

I didn't get a chance to weld with it, so many people around and I had only one day to make it through 3 buildings

I saw it at Fabtech in Atlanta. One representative said it wouldn't be out until 2019 and the 252 will still be in production.
    They may have said that to keep selling them. List is suppose to be $2800.00.
    Name:  IMG_2168.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  210.7 KBName:  IMG_2169.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  226.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by songer121 View Post
    Are you fu**in kidding me?? How can you say something like that when the machine isn't even out yet??? ppl like you is what's wrong with the world today. Always negative and in a bad mood, forreal no one like that sh*t bro. get lost with that stuff.... Drives me nuts...
    Have you used and HTP. I have to tell ya.I have owned both millers and HTPs, abeit not this new "dreamy" Miller. I still have my HTP if that tells you something. Don't knock it until you try it.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Dynasty 300 DX
    HTP 240
    HTP Microcut 380
    Hyperthem 85
    JD2 Hyd Bender and HF Hyd Ring Roller all in one =(Frankenbender)
    Bpt. Mill/DRO
    4' x 8' CNC Plasma Table
    Instagram: tjsperformance
    YT: TJS Welding and Fabrication

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    I saw it at Fabtech in Atlanta. One representative said it wouldn't be out until 2019 and the 252 will still be in production.
    They may have said that to keep selling them. List is suppose to be $2800.00.
    Name:  IMG_2169.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  226.8 KB
    I'm liking it. Possible upgrade at my shop. Probably wait until I'm sure they are not problematic.
    Ernie F.

I'm just having trouble seeing why a welder needs a color tv screen. Whats wrong with two digital value displays? That's all my XMT 352 MPA and 74 feeder have, and it's easy to set up with custom parameters. My Linc 255 shows nasty battle scars on the face from stupidity like bumping into it with the forklift forks square on and other normal life occurrences in the weld shop. I couldn't count half the times I've inadvertently firehosed it with sparks from the grinder or torch. It wears the marks proudly and still works fine without ever needing any repair parts. I would be beyond mad if I got waylaid on a job because the tv on the welder broke.

Can you stream instructional welding videos on that display?

Can't believe it doesn't have wire/volts + digital display on the actual gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Com_VC View Post
    Lincoln made a welder that allowed changing wire speed, volts or programs from the gun 25+ years ago with digital readout and push buttons. Failure/scrambling of the display was a known issue. That's why they abandoned it. It became unusable after the display failed.

But idiot lights and buttons sell welders. Cuz it appeals to idiots (or millennials) I guess. I lost track of the number of conversations I have had with potential customers over why AHP hasn't gone all digital with idiot lights and lots of buttons. Once I explain the advantages of old school knobs, most are sold on them. I have to convince them that they don't need to do exactly 33PPS, 33% to TIG weld successfully, thanks Jody.

Waiting for some genius engineer to add touch screen to the welders, oblivious to the fact that you have to remove your gloves to change anything. Also making the buttons too small and close together to activate with stick gloves on had been done many times already. I wonder when Miller is going to throw the plasma cutter into one of their multi-welders. I think they already have smartphone controlled welders... That's probably like a millennial orgasm.

I like this welder, but mostly because of the portability and that it works work with my existing push pull gun and spoolgun. I would much rather not have built in TV.
    Last edited by soutthpaw; 11-09-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    The earth is flat. Everywhere I look it is flat!
    You haven't looked out my window. The earth is vertical, or at least damned steep. If you aren't fighting to hang on, you are at the bottom of a valley, under water, or at the very peak of a mountain. Otherwise, it's steep!
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    You haven't looked out my window. The earth is vertical, or at least damned steep. If you aren't fighting to hang on, you are at the bottom of a valley, under water, or at the very peak of a mountain. Otherwise, it's steep!
    Indisputable proof the is not flat

Actually, my son has a Labrador Retriever. She could teach cats a thing or two, but isn't aware she has done it. Her tail outweighs most cats, and has no feelings. I could park my truck on her tail, she'd only notice 'cause she couldn't walk away.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Com_VC View Post
    huh?? it does show volts and wfs?? what are you talking about?

And as for putting a display on the actual mig gun, is there a gun out there that has that now?? ive never seen one. if there is its gotta be a super niche thing..

Miller Multimatic 215