Question regarding TIG Torch parts
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Question regarding TIG Torch parts

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I'm a welding student (at a technical college), but even though I'm almost done with the program, I've not been taught some things. This is one of them.

Is the Lincoln TIG PTW-20 compatible with parts from WP-20? I've tried to look for compatible parts, but honestly nothing comes up.

If not, what parts are compatible? Though to specify, By parts, I mean things like the cups/etc.

Re: Question regarding TIG Torch parts

It's a size 20 Torch So things like collets And cups along with collet bodies should be interchangeable with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Weld_ View Post
    It's a size 20 Torch So things like collets And cups along with collet bodies should be interchangeable with one another.
    I wasn't fully sure if the number represented size or not. But, that is why I wanted to check! Like I said, Haven't learned everything. But, thank you! That helps me find the cups/etc I need. (Long story short, buying the parts from the school costs a fortune, but I can get them cheaper if I buy them myself from elsewhere.)

Not the best quality but pretty decent.

https://www.usaweld.com/TIG-Torch-Re...eries-s/85.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Syncron View Post
    I wasn't fully sure if the number represented size or not. But, that is why I wanted to check! Like I said, Haven't learned everything. But, thank you! That helps me find the cups/etc I need. (Long story short, buying the parts from the school costs a fortune, but I can get them cheaper if I buy them myself from elsewhere.)
    Yep, number = size, and can denote how the torch is cooled, air or water.

Here’s a good little read about torch sizes and styles in general if you want to digest some info: http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/...g-torches.html

They even make stubby kits allowing cups that would go on a smaller sized torch to fit on a larger size torch for getting into tight spots.
    -Mark Smith

Vulcan ProTig200
    Vulcan MigMax215

Everlast PowerArc 210STL
    Hypertherm PowerMax45 Xp