4x6 band saw - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4x6 band saw

Re: 4x6 band saw

Quote Originally Posted by n00b View Post
    What mods did u do to your HF 4x6. Coolant, stand upgrade etc. Just got one for $110 and had to bike the tank back home 13mi round trip. Hopefully, she chooches.Attachment 1693788Attachment 1693789
    I salute you. 13 mile round trip with a trailer pulled by a bike. There's people here that call uber to go to starbucks right down the road. LOL

The tough audience here on the site may put the trailer in the trailer thread.

Good saws for what they cost and what they are intended for. They are not designed for production shops or all day every day use.
    As others have said take the time to dial it in, change the blade to a name brand one and get (make) a decent vise and enjoy.

Yep, not too many 16 yr old kids would go that far using a homemade trailer to go get a horizontal bandsaw. Hope he keeps up that interest level and work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatfan View Post
    I salute you. 13 mile round trip with a trailer pulled by a bike. There's people here that call uber to go to starbucks right down the road. LOL

The tough audience here on the site may put the trailer in the trailer thread.

Good saws for what they cost and what they are intended for. They are not designed for production shops or all day every day use.
    As others have said take the time to dial it in, change the blade to a name brand one and get (make) a decent vise and enjoy.
    Worse- they use Grub Hub to have the coffee delivered.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

Quote Originally Posted by flushcut View Post
    Open up the gear box clean it out and relube. My buddy found chunks of metal in his and I found some drill bit cuttings in mine.
    I found sand in mine! Those gear boxes are like a cereal box there’s a supprise inside each one.
    My "collection":

Homemade Stick Welder
    Victor O/A Torch
    AC 225
    Ideal Arc 250

HF 90 Amp Flux Core
    HF Mig 170
    Solar 2020 Plasma Cutter
    Power i-Mig 140E
    Harris O/A torch
    HF Dual Mig 131
    140ST
    Alpha Tig 200x

Quote Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
    I went to your link, signed on for a Yahoo account but cannot see any pictures, either in the thread or when I click on the image link that shows up. I searched the group for "modification" wanting to see all the mods people had done. Without images, it's useless. I'm on Windows 10 and the problem is there in both Internet Explorer and Chrome. Any ideas?
    I know you likely answered this question yourself, already with finding out the list owner only checks for new members every few days. However, one of the biggest weaknesses with Yahoo's Groups is that for many years they did not allow photos to appear in the actual threads so you have to either hunt for the photos in the Photos area of the YG or click on the link (not every poster was good about posting links to their photos, most said "look for Folder X in the Photos section"), that changed a couple of years ago, but doesn't help the earlier posts/threads. I should have warned you YG is a bit cumbersome, sorry about that.

Good tip on going to the photo section. I did notice how lame Yahoo is. I ran through a number of the threads and posts on there and found exactly what you said, many complaints about photos not showing up in the posts. I think I'll stick with the photo link, usually I only need to see a photo and I can make whatever but sometimes a description and comments are quite helpful.

It would also be nice if Village Press would put all the bandsaw mods submitted by authors over the years to HSM, PIM/MW and publish a book dedicated to the 4x6 saw, which to date, I do not think they have done.

The yahoo groups have moved off of yahoo