1935 Toyota truck
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

1935 Toyota truck

In 1931 Japan invaded Manchuria and was pretty much running the show there, going as far as probing Russia's border regions at will.
    1935 Toyota produced their first trucks, and Japan's Military modified a few to overcome the difficulty of starting aircraft engines in the Manchurian cold.

So why did so many Americans think Japan was a nation of small simple minded savages in 1942? Could it be because the FDR Government misrepresented to get into the war?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: 1935 Toyota truck

Wow, that's cool !

No idea they had big trucks back then either, although they must have frozen their nutz off with that canvas top.
    T man.

15 + years working for myself, and by golly, I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

I remember seeing pictures of those trucks starting airplane engines during WWII ,I guess it beat had cranking them like the British used to do

So that's where the RC crowd got the idea from.

MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Recall old boys with crank powered hand drills doing similar back in the days of 2 strings coming out the end of a wing. Seemed to have saved the need for a lot of BandAids as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil5 View Post
    Recall old boys with crank powered hand drills doing similar back in the days of 2 strings coming out the end of a wing. Seemed to have saved the need for a lot of BandAids as I recall.
    Oh, the spring start worked ok if you had things tuned up right I had thick leather glove just for propping my CL racer.

I remember a slap across my face & a good mouthfull of Fels Naptha Soap for telling what I learned watching the men fly their string airplanes.
    Wasn't tight, Mrs Jacobs kept asking then what.
    How the hell should I know what them words in the start sequence meant past Contact.

Them men should have never said all the technical words bout motherr*^$%# got me and F#%^*% finger. I thought they were aircraft terminology.

That Fels Naptha put a damper on my word learnin after that.

LOL!!!!!

I do recall a time or three with soap.

I eventually got one of those handheld electric starters but seems like it was more trouble than it was worth... about half the time starting my heli it would pop off and jam into the rotor and mixer... and I wouldn't notice till litfoff that it apparently knocked a clevis apart on the mixer!!! so there would go another 20 bucks for parts or sometimes more and the rubber cone inserts would wear out about once a week!!! it was a real money pit
    Last edited by ronsii; 11-06-2018 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil5 View Post
    I remember a slap across my face & a good mouthfull of Fels Naptha Soap for telling what I learned watching the men fly their string airplanes.
    Wasn't tight, Mrs Jacobs kept asking then what.
    How the hell should I know what them words in the start sequence meant past Contact.

Them men should have never said all the technical words bout motherr*^$%# got me and F#%^*% finger. I thought they were aircraft terminology.

That Fels Naptha put a damper on my word learnin after that.
    At least you know why you got a mouth full of soap. When I was small a teacher washed my mouth out with soap and to this day I have no idea why. I did not say anything that warranted it. I kept asking her why but she never told me why.

Quote Originally Posted by thegary View Post
    At least you know why you got a mouth full of soap. When I was small a teacher washed my mouth out with soap and to this day I have no idea why. I did not say anything that warranted it. I kept asking her why but she never told me why.
    Halitosis???
    T man.

15 + years working for myself, and by golly, I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by thegary View Post
    gary; i would've taken some soap in the mouth anytime. until you been sucker punched by a nun you don't know what being hit was. maybe it was the no sex thing that made some of them overly aggressive. i'm still amazed how one in particular had such hand speed wearing full religious regalia like full habit and five pound crucifix.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Them 2x4 cross contraptions hurt far more people than all the handguns in the hands of ghetto trash combined.

I learned real quick to stay clear of them wimmen. Brothermen pretty damn dangerous too, and NUTS, but Brotherman always right.

I never got the soap ,because I could out run them ,but the old razor strap caught my behind a few times before I could make it out of the room.