Slob did you
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Slob did you

Slob did you

get one of the new antifreeze telescopes from Home office?

Mine came today, NO damn instruction sheet.

How the hell do these things work?

You got any idea what the screwdriver is for?

Re: Slob did you

Might be easier to call him.... No ?

He's probably underneath some mack truck, or out walking his poodle. Never know with that guy what cool stuff he's doing next.
    T man.

15 + years working for myself, and by golly, I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

He was down in these parts Saturday. Parked next to me at the grocery store.

Name:  7550E843-7961-4C0E-B53B-506263D530F5.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  48.5 KB
    Roger
    Old, Tired, and GRUMPY

Salesman will call, Batteries not included, Assembly is required, and FREE ADVICE IS WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAY FOR IT!

Dial Arc 250HF
    Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC

Assorted A/O torches

Just so happens that Slob is out using his right now... although I think he's got a different one that you do.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/09/1...n-do-about-it/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    T man.

15 + years working for myself, and by golly, I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil5 View Post
    get one of the new antifreeze telescopes from Home office?

Mine came today, NO damn instruction sheet.

How the hell do these things work?

You got any idea what the screwdriver is for?
    I did not receive one as was forewarned and declined the offer.

How do they work; actually pretty easy after it's calibrated properly at 70 degrees ambient.

The "screwdriver" looking thing is actually an anti magnetic tuning wand for insertion into the slug protruding into the resonate tuned cavity in the final amplification and impedance matching stages. Best not play with it as it's very easy to be out of calibration and achieve consistent, but erroneous readings. That thing is really handy as it will tell you accurately if it is day or night as you stand in the front yard, and in broad sunlight it will let you know if the illumination is attributed to natural, or artificial lighting. Matter of fact, and after you program it to your geographic location, it will tell you it's summer rather than winter when the temperature is about 90 degrees around the unit. When it's about 10 degrees around the unit it's smart enough to know it's probably winter time. How does this miraculous technology work? Let me explain:

The unit has a stabilized local oscillator, (STALO) running at 1370Mhz and this is beat together with a coherent in time oscillator, (COHO) operating at 60Mhz. The two component frequencies generate both sum and difference frequencies 1310Mhz, and 1430Mhz. Through "heterodyning" another component frequency is achieved at 30Mhz which is named an intermediate frequency, (IF). From this intermediate frequency we can process through electrical offset and invert inputs through what is known as "canceling" through both "I", and "Q" circuitry. From this, ascertainable intelligence can be derived.

In layman's terms, the specific gravity of distilled water is stored in the units firmware, (memory). There is a ultraviolet light beam/ray shined through the sample applied to the "glass" repository of the telescope. Through both reflection, and refraction of the ultraviolet beam against the receiver, it can be ascertained the freeze and boiling point of the sample.

The little knob on the underside of the unit switches the screen from temperature to specific gravity scales but operates in the same manner for flooded cell battery readings.

Yes, that little "telescope" as you put it and a fresh box of "Twinkies" makes my life complete.

Looks like there is another upcoming trip to NW Missouri in the near future. Some party over there has one of them poodle dogs that is wreaking havoc under the auspice of being a "therapy dog". I'm afraid I need to call "BS" on this as those leaches are nothing of positive account. Nobody's noticed if it is a male or female yet but once I get done with the task they'll both look the same and bark in soprano anyways.
    Slob

Purveyor of intimate unparalleled knowledge of nothing about everything.

Oh yeah, also an unabashed internet "Troll" too.....

BOY are you wrong!
    The screwdriver is for pryin the rubber cushion out of the lid so I could get to the instruction sheet.

It's written in Chinkoglyphic though and I can't read that.

I'm sending it to ITW miller for translation since chink is their main language

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil5 View Post
    BOY are you wrong!
    The screwdriver is for pryin the rubber cushion out of the lid so I could get to the instruction sheet.

It's written in Chinkoglyphic though and I can't read that.

I'm sending it to ITW miller for translation since chink is their main language
    No. "Prybar"; is the secondary, or collateral duty of the precision tuning instrument.
    Slob

Purveyor of intimate unparalleled knowledge of nothing about everything.

Oh yeah, also an unabashed internet "Troll" too.....