Best way to wash and flush the insde of a 80 gallon air compressor tank - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Best way to wash and flush the insde of a 80 gallon air compressor tank

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil5 View Post
    Usual removal is 1 attempt with impact tool or Swench. If neither is productive drill 1/2 hole thru center of plug, insert sawzall to cut + toward threads, stopping before impacting threads. Crush plug using hammer & cold chisel.
    Remove chunks from receiver employing vacuum cleaner.

Inspect receiver
    Install new plug.
    Thanks Virg, I'll keep your suggestion in mind, but first I want to try heat and using the proper tool. To be on the safe side, I would want the proper size replacement plug in hand before I cut the old one out. I've been down the "this one here should work" road before. A guy from https://www.brehob.com/quincy-air-compressors/ is supposed to contact me Monday, I'll ask him to send me the tool to remove the plug and a new plug too.

I ran across this website in my looking on how to remove the inspection plug, it thought it may be helpful to some, maybe to some not so much, but I thought a would post it anyway.

https://www.about-air-compressors.com/