Lincoln Squarewave 175 - Can Someone Take A Voltage Measurement On Pedal Connector?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Lincoln Squarewave 175 - Can Someone Take A Voltage Measurement On Pedal Connector?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone who has a Lincoln Squarewave 175 would mind taking a quick voltage reading with a volt meter for me? The pedal is supposedly a 10K ohm potentiometer, and I am trying to find out what voltage is being used here. I have it in my notes that its 5V, but I'm not sure that's accurate.

With the machine on, amps turned up all the way, can you measure between pin A and pin C? (Black probe on C, red probe on A).

Can you also measure between pin B and pin C? (Black probe on C, red probe on B). With the pedal up you should get about 0 volts, and as you press the pedal down the voltage will increase. Can you tell me how high the voltage goes when pressing it down all the way?

Thanks guys and any help is greatly appreciated!
    -Matt

Re: Lincoln Squarewave 175 - Can Someone Take A Voltage Measurement On Pedal Connecto

Unplug foot control. use ohmmeter and test A to B then B to C. Should see 0 to 10k and 10k to 0 as you move the foot control. B is the moving contact. While connected to the plug.
    move the wire around where it enters to foot control. Might find a broken wire there.
    Pull cord into foot control and make splice inside. Keep splice out of the moving parts.
    If the 5 volts is correct, you should read 0 to 5 or 5 to 0.