Syncrowave vs 330A/BP shootout
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Syncrowave vs 330A/BP shootout

I just scored a couple of syncrowave 300's at an industrial supplier. 2 for one deal, $250.

I currently have a 330 A/BP in very good working shape.

I'm assuming since i have 2 syncrowaves i should be able to get at least 1 working if there are any problems.

I'm a little short on space, IE, i don't really want to have BOTH sitting on the floor at the welding table if i can help it.

I do stick welding as well as TIG. Which machine should i put up on the pallet rack out of the way? Does it make sense to
    stack them so i can connect a set of cables and run it out of the pallet rack if needed?

IE, is the syncro going to do a good enough job on stick weld i can just store the 330? I'll probably keep it around as backup in case the syncro blows a board or something. Not much to go wrong in the the 330.

Pic for attention.
    Miller Syncrowave 300(s)
    Miller 330 A/BP w/ WP-18 torch / WP-26 torch
    Miller CP-200 Haas / Kamp'd / CP-300 in process
    Homemade tig cooler
    Miller 30A /S-52E feeders

Re: Syncrowave vs 330A/BP shootout

Sweet score man!

I did what you propose. My Airco 300 (miller 330) is at school and I use it in class.
    (free storage and I still get to use it )

My Syncrowave 350 is at my home shop. It stick welds very well, but I like 7018 with my Airco 300 better.
    Not enough of a difference to keep it at home instead of the Syncro though.
    The kids that have used it really like the Airco
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

I have never stick welded on either, but I stick weld on my Syncrowave 250. If the 300 welds similarly, you will like it. I find that my syncrowave welds as nice as (or nicer) than a Lincoln Idealarc 250, and way better than any small welder (Thunderbolt, Stickmate, Lincoln cracker box)
    Millermatic 252
    Syncrowave 250
    Purox Metalmaster

Well that's positive. I have always liked sine wave transformer welders for stick on 6011/7018 for my work, and wondered how the square wave will affect it. Maybe it makes sense to put the 330 up on the pallet rack above and just remote if i need it? I have 100 ft of leads and a RHC if i need it.
    Miller Syncrowave 300(s)
    Homemade tig cooler

square wave has no effect if you weld on DC. By definition, there isn't really any wave on DC. On ACWhat the syncrowave does bring is a different volt amp curve than a 330 AB/P (less of a drooper curve on the syncrowave) and it brings the arc force function which you don't really have on the 330. AC stick welding on a square wave machine is nice...the arc is a little more stable and hotter..les time crossing zero volts.
    Millermatic 252
    Syncrowave 250
    Purox Metalmaster

I'm liking what I'm hearing. Thank you. Maybe there's no reason to leave the 330 hooked up? Just store it for when the300 fails?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Miller Syncrowave 300(s)
    Homemade tig cooler