Stacking beads
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Stacking beads

Stacking beads

Did some practice just to keep in shape.
    Quite happy with it. Half of the plate was done flat and the other half horizontal.
    1/8 7018

Name:  WP_20180715_18_20_19_Pro.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  112.2 KB
    Kemppi minarc 150
    Esab powercut 400

Re: Stacking beads

Look's purtty. Now do some with the same hand traveling opposite direction. After that,might as well try other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    After that,might as well try other hand.
    You're right, i have to practice that more because i'm not good with my non-dominant hand.
    Kemppi minarc 150
    Esab powercut 400

Just a suggestion... you might try moving your torch ahead a bit more on each puddle before introducing filler. It will make for a wider puddle profile (dimes). This is for appearance, only, and does not, necessarily, improve fusion, or weld strength. It took me awhile to learn the technique, too.

What is the difference between flat and horizontal?

Wow! After producing all of those beads you must have been out of breathe, and probably lost a couple of pounds, fulfilling your desire to stay in shape. (A joke.)
    Last edited by Weldordie; 11-12-2018 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weldordie View Post
    Just a suggestion... you might try moving your torch ahead a bit more on each puddle before introducing filler. It will make for a wider puddle profile (dimes). This is for appearance, only, and does not, necessarily, improve fusion, or weld strength. It took me awhile to learn the technique, too.

What is the difference between flat and horizontal?

Wow! After producing all of those beads you must have been out of breathe, and probably lost a couple of pounds, fulfilling your desire to stay in shape. (A joke.)
    This was done with stick not TIG. But I'm flattered that you think it might be TIG. Stick like TIG.

Flat is 1F/1G and horizontal is 2F/2G
    Kemppi minarc 150
    Esab powercut 400