Mounting Machine To Wood Floor - Page 6
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Mounting Machine To Wood Floor

Name:  stand114.JPG
Views: 151
Size:  142.1 KB

So......like I'm about 3hrs into this today. AND I'M BLEEDING Probably been infected with Swine Flu, Bird Flu, Mad Cow Disease, or whatever was floatin' around over there when they crated this thing Obviously the lil' people haven't heard of rounding sheared corners

I got the lil' parts sheet out on the chip tray, and I'm seein' all these cool parts THAT AIN'T THERE

So, it's a cobble job for now.

Name:  stand115.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  120.4 KB

Springs I got on hand aren't quite right, so it might be time to resort to the Farmer's Friend...……..bungee cords

Why the brake pedal is four inches narrower than the cabinets is known only to Con-fuse-us

I did mount a dial indicator on the ways, and give the spindle a spin (figured I'd do it while the cut clotted over) Whatever they've done wrong on the cabinets,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they more than made up for in the spindle Incredibly little runout WITH A 3 JAW CHUCK Don't want to shout out the numbers till I confirm it when the headstock is drained, and refilled (twas shipped about 3/4 full), and run in...……...but she's lookin' REAL good.

We need a video of the indicator or it didn't happen!
    One HF brand lathe I purchased long ago had, get this, .023 runnout on the chuck, and never could get it below .005!
    SOLD!

And where is the blood in the pics? You're supposed to get it everywhere (I'm not posting that pic again, got a warning the last time)
    Last edited by BananasCentral; 02-01-2019 at 10:18 AM.
    If you are selling a lathe that swings 22", and live in Central FL, please PM me a price and some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by BananasCentral View Post
    We need a video of the indicator or it didn't happen!
    One HF brand lathe I purchased long ago had, get this, .023 runnout on the chuck, and never could get it below .005!
    SOLD!

And where is the blood in the pics? You're supposed to get it everywhere (I'm not posting that pic again, got a warning the last time)
    I didn't believe my setup. Couldn't be, so I figured. Like I say...…...gonna get it all running probably sometime today, and verify.

First off, I can't believe a piece of bronze round stock can be that round, and can't believe a 3 jaw will show less than .003 runout. But I'm no machinist, and doggone sure not a lathe guy...…….all my experience is on a mill.

Should hit about 50* today, so it's a good day for it. Won't have to run the heater for a long time to warm the machine up. I don't like running any stuff below at least 50* in the "shop". Summertime temps can run about 120* in there

I got a 14" swing taiwanese wilton and it runs. 002 runout, so I definitely believe it, nice work on everything you did, over and above what I would have done, I just used non detergent 30wt in my gearbox right or wrong it's going to outlive me most likely

Name:  erniefp.png
Views: 97
Size:  13.7 KB

I get on a rant...…...no parts for the foot brake yada yada yada

I got ready to put the coolant system up, don't need it. Be a nice standby in case the coolant system on the mill pukes.

Anyways...…..Happened to ACTUALLY look at the coolant tank...…..THE MISSING PARTS ARE IN THE TANK SUMP

Name:  stand117.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  109.9 KB

Along with some really snazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy isolator pads.

Name:  stand116.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  128.3 KB I'm not sure I want to use the pads. Might be nice for a while, but I'm thinking they will compress, and change the bed "level" over time.

For my buddy down in Fla...……………………………………….

Yeah...…….I really can't believe it's that good.

Might change under power. Dunno. Got back too late from a hay trip to add lube to the headstock.

Quote Originally Posted by pat h View Post
    I got a 14" swing taiwanese wilton and it runs. 002 runout, so I definitely believe it, nice work on everything you did, over and above what I would have done, I just used non detergent 30wt in my gearbox right or wrong it's going to outlive me most likely
    The only lathe built in this hemisphere (Standard Modern) specs 30wt non-detergent, so it must be just fine. Probably a better viscosity for wider temperature ranges.