Harris 2000 brazing torch question
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Harris 2000 brazing torch question

Hello All,
    I am looking to do some repairs and also some hobby projects that have been in the garage for some time.
    Several years back I purchased a Harris cutting torch setup to cut through steel I beams for work when I was a contractor. The cutting torch never really got too much use after that.
    I would like to do some brazing now and I am having difficulty finding a mixer and tips for a Harris 2000 handle as I have been told it was discontinued.
    Are these mixers and tips out on the web for sale or do I need to think about buying a new brazing handle setup?

Thanks in Advance,

Re: Harris 2000 brazing torch question

Quote Originally Posted by dvrdwn View Post
    Hello All,
    I am looking to do some repairs and also some hobby projects that have been in the garage for some time.
    Several years back I purchased a Harris cutting torch setup to cut through steel I beams for work when I was a contractor. The cutting torch never really got too much use after that.
    I would like to do some brazing now and I am having difficulty finding a mixer and tips for a Harris 2000 handle as I have been told it was discontinued.
    Are these mixers and tips out on the web for sale or do I need to think about buying a new brazing handle setup?

Thanks in Advance,
    If you have a pic of the 2000 torch it would help. I know some of the china copies are exact copies of the Harris torch. I purchased a cheap set last year and all the tips and cutting attachment fit my Craftsman ( Harris ) torch. I think I paid like $80 for the set. I have purchased Harris cutting tips from Weld City.

Re: Harris 2000 brazing torch question

Harris is alive and well. Your going to need a “mixer” which screws to the torch handle and then the copper tips screw into the mixer. That is how Harris has done it for decades and it works well.

Try googling your torch and see what pops up.

Mixers. https://www.harrisweldingsupplies.com/mixers/

Tips. https://www.harrisweldingsupplies.com/tips/
    Roger
    Old, Tired, and GRUMPY

Salesman will call, Batteries not included, Assembly is required, and FREE ADVICE IS WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAY FOR IT!

Dial Arc 250HF
    Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC

Assorted A/O torches