Newbie on this site
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Newbie on this site

Have a small shop where I do some welding. I live in West Valley City, Utah. I have a older Linde VI-206 MIG Welder with Lincoln LN-7 Wire feeder using .045 wire. I'll be getting an older/ancient Mid-States Zipper-ET Stick welder that I will convert to DC, It was given to me

Re: Newbie on this site

Welcome Dutch!
    Burt
    Miller Thunderbolt XL AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 120

10FtDrillBit.com

Re: Newbie on this site

Welcome! I also have an old MID-STATES, haven't found any model name on it, mine is a 300 amp machine & has 100% duty cycle, weighs about 400 lbs if I had to guess, at one point had a high frequency unit known as the missing link, it's long gone but the machine itself welds great. Are the taps arranged in a large "M" on the front of the machine? If you start messing around inside that machine be advised that if it is like mine it is FULL of ASBESTOS! I removed the top because I had a problem, the problem was a dirty power switch, but I decided to "blow" it out, after I got the "gray & brown" gone it was obvious that the transformer buss bars were insulated with asbestos. Please be careful.
    Last edited by CAVEMANN; 12-06-2018 at 07:19 PM.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN