Search function help
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Search function help

***I am not computer literate

Does anyone know of a thread that explains how to use the search feature to narrow down searches to relevant data that is written in plain words a moron like myself may understand?

Maybe a list of the symbols that go between the keywords and what they accomplish would help me greatly; and how and when to use such.

For example, i would like to search for discussions about the benefits gained from tungsten size selection as related to arc starts on a dynasty machine.

In short, need a good tutorial written by a competent "searcher" who can explain things clearly.
    Miller Dynasty 280 DX, Lincoln 210 MP

Re: Search function help

Good luck with that. Sometimes very difficult to use the right search words what ever they are and find information "IF" it even exists on a forum. May have better luck with Google.
    Ernie F.

Re: Search function help

Quote Originally Posted by jakedaawg View Post
    ***I am not computer literate

Does anyone know of a thread that explains how to use the search feature to narrow down searches to relevant data that is written in plain words a moron like myself may understand?

Maybe a list of the symbols that go between the keywords and what they accomplish would help me greatly; and how and when to use such.

For example, i would like to search for discussions about the benefits gained from tungsten size selection as related to arc starts on a dynasty machine.

In short, need a good tutorial written by a competent "searcher" who can explain things clearly.
    I prefer to use something like site:forum.url search terms "search phrases" in the google search bar rather than using the search feature of the forum.

For example for this forum, if I put in < site:weldingweb.com jakedaawg > (do not put in the < > characters) it will find your posts or where you are mentioned.

Here is a link to some information that will explain how to narrow searches using this method. https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433
    Tim