Adding Powertherm 30xp to welding cart (filter placement)?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Adding Powertherm 30xp to welding cart (filter placement)?

My new Powermax 30xp will be kept on my welding cart and I am thinking of bolting the desiccant water filter and oil separator to the cart itself instead of the wall. This would keep the distance from the filter to the plasma short (3ft jumper hose off the filter to the 30xp), and it would allow me to move the cart around without two sets of long hoses or worrying about accidentally pulling the filter off the wall.

Any thoughts or suggestions before I mount the filter to the cart? I plan to bolt it to the upper support that the tank is chained to (see red circle). Figure it will be easy to see and I’ll use a quick connect in case I want to use the main hose for other things. The hose from the compressor to the filter will be 3/8 x 50ft.

Re: Adding Powertherm 30xp to welding cart (filter placement)?

Still wasn’t sure if it was the right way to go putting the filter on the cart but I did it anyway. Really happy with it, because it is really easy to see and maintain and doesn’t get in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only possible problem I see it the hose from cart to wall isn't secured low on the cart.
    Hosws, leads, cords etc leaving carts high can and often do cause casts to tip and machines to come loose from the cart.

Is a powertherm 30 XP a new unit I don't know about?
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, L-tec, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.