Powerarc 141 STL Lead Length and size
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Powerarc 141 STL Lead Length and size

Looking at comparable welder manual for this machine -161 states keep stick leads to 25 feet. Is this for 25 each lead, electrode and work for total 50 or 25 total? Also, I know there is always a concern for using too small of diameter lead but for this inverter would using a larger than called for be detrimental? Reason I ask is I have on hand plenty of #1 awg cable I can use which is larger than what would be called for at 140 amps but wouldn't cost me anything as I already have it. Have a 50 length of the #1 was planning make 20 foot for each if that would be in spec. Thanks

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

Re: Powerarc 141 STL Lead Length and size

50 ft total.

25 each.

The tail wags the dog for one reason. The other is that the way the unit responds is different.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Re: Powerarc 141 STL Lead Length and size

The only downside to bigger wire is cost, weight and flexibility, you'll see a small improvement performance with larger wire depending on the size of your stock leads. Some people put a short length of thinner cable (a whip) at the end of the lead for comfort/manuverability.
    Last edited by SlowBlues; 12-18-2018 at 02:52 PM.