WTB Old Lincoln Weldenpower AC/DC 225
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

WTB Old Lincoln Weldenpower AC/DC 225

I'm W/O the ability to run 220v (I know how) but i can't put it in where i live, So My only hope Is to buy a old Weldenpower 225 So If you guys see one cheap (California area) or have one to sell for a fair price let me know Thanks & Merry Christmas.

Re: WTB Old Lincoln Weldenpower AC/DC 225

Any old smaller engine drive is also fine

I have a lincwelder 180 dc only I would sell you. I want a thousand for it but will take a reasonable offer. It has a hand crank starter but I welded up a socket to use a drill start. It's a THD if I recall. I also have a TJD spare motor with electric and hand crank start for back up if interested. It came from eldorado hills area neer Auburn. Where in California are you located? I'm at the border of California and Nevada on I 80.

I've turned a 120v circuit into a 240v for my air compressor . I have since changed it back and ran conduit but it can easily be done depending on why you can't have it where you live.

No way dude theirs a 225 AC/DC that is pristine for $1000 OBO on here!! and the old hand crank ones lol they go for much less a guy just picked one up for 100$ on here we saw the CL ad but it was way out in CT. Well he picked it up & his restoration log is here on WW. No thank you try to rip somone else off. "Reasonable" my A55
    looking for an old cheap Engine drive

Whatever. I have a spare engine that goes with it and I was looking for an offer but if you want to be an a55 , then keep looking .

I bought a Lincoln Weldanpower AC/DC 225 10 or 12 years ago. These machines take electric power off of a generator with slip rings. One of my slip rings cracked in two and fell off, rendering the machine scrap unless I wanted to disassemble the whole thing. It turned out that Lincoln cut corners back in the day by making slip rings out of welded copper pipe. These failed after some wear and cracked at the weld, just like mine did.

I had to scrap that welder. Cost me a bundle. My advice is to avoid the older Weldanpowers as if your life depended on it.

metalmagpie

12 years ago? how long did it last & did you get it new? & I've seen them last a longtime decades even, they started cheeping out on them in the 90's & I actually know how to fix a broken slip ring or make a new one Mustie1 has a video up about it. but thanks for the warning metalmagpie

Insaneride remember to kiss my a55 rip off artist one was just sold in your area on offerup or letgo for $100 another here on ww in CT for $100 turn in the machine on and shove the electrodes way up rotfl a thousand bucks bwhahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by John Chrysostom View Post
    12 years ago? how long did it last & did you get it new? & I've seen them last a longtime decades even, they started cheeping out on them in the 90's & I actually know how to fix a broken slip ring or make a new one Mustie1 has a video up about it. but thanks for the warning metalmagpie
    It's dead easy to make a slip ring. But to install it you have to almost completely dismantle the welder. Machines that old tend to have lots of frozen fasteners. I called a friend who works at the local repair shop and he told me to just throw it away.

And no, I didn't buy it new. It didn't last long at all for me, but it was already elderly when I got it.

metalmagpie

Ahh thats how they used to do it!! okok wow what a pain Well when you have the leisure to just throw one away i guess you can but my generation, more than ever repairs things and we just keep getting better at it the slip ring trick is torching,solder and counter sunk screws you grind down & finish with sand paper while it spins I think, i'll have go go back & watch how Mustie1 fixed it again I still need an old Engine drive for my budget & my location. at this moment i don't have alternatives. let me know if you see one metalmagpie i'll road trip to get one.