Eaton Compressor/Polar Air 10HP 80ga 2-stage single phase compressor - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Eaton Compressor/Polar Air 10HP 80ga 2-stage single phase compressor

Doesn't the picture in post #24 show it hooked up?
    Also the second picture in post #1.

Nah, those are the 3/8 lines that are hooked up. The ones I'm wondering are 1/4 lines. Havent had a chance to call them, but I'll find out soon enough.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling signature!

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

1/4 inch "usually" goes to the unloader valve on the pressure switch. Usually!

Quote Originally Posted by rexcormack View Post
    1/4 inch "usually" goes to the unloader valve on the pressure switch. Usually!
    Yup, I already have that one installed. It comes from the main check-valve that feeds the tank, and goes to the unloader valve on the side mounted pressure switch. These are two 1/4" lines that come off the cylinder heads that meet up at the T. The manual says to not hook anything up to it unless I am running a pilot relief valve, which I'm not, but then it doesn't say what to do after than. I sent them pics so I'm sure they'll respond soon.

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

I'm surprised they would waste the money on the tubing and fittings if they are not hooked to anything!
    Just gives the mud dobbers a new home!

I know, its kinda odd since my unit didn't come with a pilot relief valve, which is what those small 1/4" lines would be for. Yea, I hate mud dobbers!

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

She's alive!

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

What's the factory pressure setting? Mine came adjusted to 170psi...……..first thing I did was knock it down to 150psi.

Can't really tell how loud yours is in the video. Mine's ridiculous inside the container, like being in a tin can with gravel rolling around in it.

Mine was set to 170psi as well. It sounds louder in the video than in real life. Cell phone microphones are probably designed to enhance midrange frequencies of the human voice after all.

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

So...…………….if, let's say I butt dial K'kins, and happen to fart at the same time...……...she stands the possibility of losing her hearing when she answers the phone? Name:  t519276_scared-smiley-emoticon.gif
Views: 233
Size:  393 Bytes This mid range enhancement thing is dangerous

lol, if you say so.

Start-up amperage is roughly 83A peak when it kicks own.

Drops down to high 20's, and then climbs up as the tank is getting filled. Just before it shuts off, it's just a hair under 40A.

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Mine has a Baldor 5hp on it, not sure what the amperage is for startup, but it will dim the lights a bit when other heavy draw stuff is running.

I'm powering it with a 10ga 80' drop cord. The nice heavy black rubber, all season kind....stays flexible in the cold.

It's an old place, relatively, and we only have 100amp service. I run the entire shop on a drop leg directly below the meter. Two 220v outlets (50, and 30amps), One 220v 20amp, and 4 110v 15amp. Power company is ok with it, long as it's below the meter, and fully grounded. We don't have code requirements out in the county here, only in towns. Would cost a small fortune to wire all that up, I'm only out the cost of the boxes etc.

That pipe plug hitting would take 5 minutes to fix by merrily swapping out that plug for one that doesn't stick up with the square on it. They have them that are flush and need a allen wrench to tighten.
    Or just take off half of that square on it.

Or 5 second with flap disc and knock that corner off it in place. Well at least while the compressor was off it.
    Last edited by danielplace; 07-14-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielplace View Post
    That pipe plug hitting would take 5 minutes to fix by merrily swapping out that plug for one that doesn't stick up with the square on it. They have them that are flush and need a allen wrench to tighten.
    Or just take off half of that square on it.

Or 5 second with flap disc and knock that corner off it in place. Well at least while the compressor was off it.
    Not sure what you mean by that, but its all working fine now. Tons of airflow.

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Not sure what you mean by that, but its all working fine now. Tons of airflow.
    I mean the pipe plug was the only thing hitting the electric box. The plug stuck out 1/4" further than the compressor. Change one $2 pipe plug and it doesn't hit anymore. Looked like it was only that big square headed plug that was hitting because it sticks out further than anything.

Simple fix swap the pipe plug for a flush one.

Little late I guess, glad it is fixed now.

Take a good look at the picture,. Don't think it left the factory like that but rather the motor base stand got bent in shipping. The motor and cap box should be facing straight up but your entire motor is cocked over leaning toward the compressor.

Last edited by danielplace; 07-15-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielplace View Post

I mean the pipe plug was the only thing hitting the electric box. The plug stuck out 1/4" further than the compressor. Change one $2 pipe plug and it doesn't hit anymore. Looked like it was only that big square headed plug that was hitting because it sticks out further than anything.

Simple fix swap the pipe plug for a flush one.

Little late I guess, glad it is fixed now.

Take a good look at the picture,. Don't think it left the factory like that but rather the motor base stand got bent in shipping. The motor and cap box should be facing straight up but your entire motor is cocked over leaning toward the compressor.
    Oh ok, I see what you mean; I didnt't get that you were referencing the pipe plug at first. Eaton confirmed there was some sort of "shortage" of belts and the assembly tech's ended up putting on shorter belts to have the unit shipped out. They shipped me longer belts, one of which was already stretched, so it was un-useable with the new longer belt, so that's why I just ordered two brand new ones from Amazon for $20. Pic #6 in the first post shows there were a couple spots that the pump was touching, so it wasn't just that pipe plug. If anything looks crooked, it's probably because of the picture and the fact that I wasn't standing dead on center looking at the motor. It's base is fine and it actually sits directly upright the way it should. It was just the shortage of belts.
    Last edited by Oscar; 07-15-2019 at 11:47 AM.

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Oh ok, I see what you mean; I didnt't get that you were referencing the pipe plug at first. Eaton confirmed there was some sort of "shortage" of belts and the assembly tech's ended up putting on shorter belts to have the unit shipped out. They shipped me longer belts, one of which was already stretched, so it was un-useable with the new longer belt, so that's why I just ordered two brand new ones from Amazon for $20. Pic #6 in the first post shows there were a couple spots that the pump was touching, so it wasn't just that pipe plug. If anything looks crooked, it's probably because of the picture and the fact that I wasn't standing dead on center looking at the motor. It's base is fine and it actually sits directly upright the way it should. It was just the shortage of belts.
    Gotcha. Glad you are up and running to your satisfaction. You the man !!

Hope it has a long life for you.
    Last edited by danielplace; 07-15-2019 at 01:56 PM.

10 hp? single phase? nope.

your a shop teacher right? teach the kids something useful like how numbers are inflated on equipment like air compressors. and that 38 cfm may be possible from 10hp but not from that compressor. its simple math.

if they lie to you upfront, what do you expect?
    General Contractor
    Commercial Industrial & Custom Residential
    Specializing in all things Metal

Quote Originally Posted by tracymobilecnc View Post
    10 hp? single phase? nope.

your a shop teacher right? teach the kids something useful like how numbers are inflated on equipment like air compressors. and that 38 cfm may be possible from 10hp but not from that compressor. its simple math.

if they lie to you upfront, what do you expect?
    Actually, yup. You must have missed this pic:

Might not be 100% accurate for that cheapie little power meter, probably not, but I would be it is still within 5%. Approx. 8.5kW power consumption. 1 HP = ~745W. You do the math.

I was a middle/high school math teacher actually, before I got promoted about 5 years ago. Sure some numbers are inflated, I know. But it still puts out a ton of air so even if it's in the lower-mid 30+ CFM's that's still good for me. Eaton never lied about anything. While the assembly tech's did put on some shorter belts to finish it, the sales rep I talked to was up-front about what had happened and corrected it as best as she could. So right now, I'm not holding any grudges.

Now to fire it up cause I need to grind out my sh(#&y a(@ welds!

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC

That's for the constant-run mode. It allows you to allow you to run the motor without stopping and the pump compresses air and then freewheels.

If you didn't have this option the the heads where this copper comes from should have been plugged. Stuff can get in there and ruin the disc valves.

I've got a Curtis pump that I cobbled up. I have a small tank, so wanted to have this option. I removed the head plugs and plumbed with those tees to a pilot valve. The pilot valve has a knob so you can run it as run-stop via pressure switch or constant-run via pilot valve.

Quote Originally Posted by Strutaeng View Post
    That's for the constant-run mode. It allows you to allow you to run the motor without stopping and the pump compresses air and then freewheels.

If you didn't have this option the the heads where this copper comes from should have been plugged. Stuff can get in there and ruin the disc valves.

I've got a Curtis pump that I cobbled up. I have a small tank, so wanted to have this option. I removed the head plugs and plumbed with those tees to a pilot valve. The pilot valve has a knob so you can run it as run-stop via pressure switch or constant-run via pilot valve.
    Yeap, I just plugged it up to keep it closed off for now. Perhaps later I'll adapt it depending on my use for it. Thanks for the input.

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP ProPulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP
    HTP Microcut 875SC