Trailblazer 302 acting up - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Trailblazer 302 acting up

Please keep us updated. This one is a head scratcher.
    Lincoln Ranger 305g
    Miller X-Treme 8VS Suitcase Feeder
    Lincoln Powermig 210 MP
    Lincoln AC225 Tombstone
    Everlast Powerarc 200ST
    A pile of grinders.

I have a 302g and was having similar issues off and on and it would be hard to start when it sat for a while so I installed an electric fuel pump and it's fine now going on 2 years.

CR

Well I got it from the shop today. I was correct in my initial diegnosis that it was running rich. It was the oxygen sensor in the muffler. It was making the EFI system feed too much fuel to the engine. So $246 later I have a running welder. I have learned my lesson with this EFI engine and will not try to fix it without putting it on a scanner . I am happy because it could have been far more expensive to fix.

Glad to hear you got it fixed and thanks for reporting back so that another owner with the same problem may see your thread and know what to do.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Just curious, but how much labor time was on the bill? Diagnosing that sucker had to be a bi*ch I would think.

It probaably a good thing I took it to a shop because the guy that worked on it said the oxygen sensors never come out easy. They had to use an impact to get it out and then chase the threads because they get screwed up from getting the sensor out. I doubt that I have the correct tap to chase the threads so I would have had to buy one.

To answer AWG, they charged me 1.65 hrs labor and the sensor was $104.00 They said the code for the oxygen sensor was on with the scan tool. They must have run it quite a bit because they used a 1/4 tank of fuel .
    Last edited by thegary; 01-17-2019 at 04:13 PM.

When Miller wins ? They WIN big time. The rest of the time they use fanboys of blue to detect their many failures. When Lincoln releases a product it's generally solid. When Hobart releases a product they dont change it for decades. You decide

Doesn't matter what color you run with, they've all put out some great machines and they've all put out some lemons. I will agree though, seems like they use their distributors to run their field trials AFTER it's released and to help make lemonade.... been there, done that too many times.

Hi Gary,

I’m having a similar or possibly the exact same issue with my trailblazer 302 EFI so I’m curious if you’ve resolved your issue and what the problem was?

My machine will suddenly start running very poorly almost like the choke was stuck on (even though it doesn’t have a choke).
    This will happen either when a load is applied and the engine attempts to switch from low to high idle, or sometimes partway through burning a rod (already in high idle).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Nevermind I see now that your issue was the O2 sensor. However do my machines symptoms sound similar to the problems you were having?
    Last edited by beatuptruck; 11-08-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Where did we get the idea about the Hobart. I had a test unit for 6 months, maybe more before they put it in production. They wanted to know every glitch, even tape on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by beatuptruck View Post
    Hi Gary,

I’m having a similar or possibly the exact same issue with my trailblazer 302 EFI so I’m curious if you’ve resolved your issue and what the problem was?

My machine will suddenly start running very poorly almost like the choke was stuck on (even though it doesn’t have a choke).
    This will happen either when a load is applied and the engine attempts to switch from low to high idle, or sometimes partway through burning a rod (already in high idle).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Nevermind I see now that your issue was the O2 sensor. However do my machines symptoms sound similar to the problems you were having?
    It does sound similar to what mine did. I would not try to fixing it without having it scanned. The time you will wast is not worth it.