Clutch slipping issues
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Clutch slipping issues

Clutch was having problems.

Can't figure it out? Need help!!

Thanks!

Attached Images Attached Images   
    T man.

15 + years working for myself, and by golly, I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

Re: Clutch slipping issues

LOL... i'm not sure but have you tried blowing the dust out from between the discs...??? there is a small chance it could help...

Sure. Hantavirus is cool!

From my buddies shop. Old guy said it didn't shift right...

Lol
    T man.

15 + years working for myself, and by golly, I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

I've always kidded my wife I can't change her oil. The car never cools down long enough to do it. Some exaggeration there, but not a lot.

Years ago, she went away for a week with her mother. Her car sat idle. When she returned, it wouldn't run. It coughed, spit fire, backfired, but didn't have power enough to move. After days of trying to go to work, and figure out her car, I tried one more time. A big backfire blew charred acorns out the exhaust.

The muffler had been new with lifetime warranty. They gave me a new one. It was utterly packed with acorns.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

My buddy said it was filled mostly with bits of carpet padding, some carpet fibers, and a little bit other natural fibers. Amazing what crazy places Micky and friends will congregate.
    T man.

Looks like maybe when it was started with the clutch disengaged, which is a normal procedure, some nesting was forced between the fingers and the housing by centrifugal force probably resulting in increased free play and decreased clutch engagement.
    Mike
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"

Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

Quote Originally Posted by T man View Post
    My buddy said it was filled mostly with bits of carpet padding, some carpet fibers, and a little bit other natural fibers. Amazing what crazy places Micky and friends will congregate.
    I bet it has a nice aroma to it, especially warmed up from the clutch moving...

Mouseroma.

Its Italian for stinky mouse pissoli.

Lol
    T man.

Was it really necessary to pull the engine to service the clutch!
    If yes then let me know what vehicle it is so I don't ever buy one!

Lol..

Yeah, on that one. Its being parted out.
    T man.

I opened up a WARN XD9000I winch that has been sitting in my shed for bout 14 years on a shelf, hadda rewire the solenoids for a wireless remote to put it to use, anyhow if the image works (not actual crime scene, just representative), note the alluminum cover spanning the spool.. the solenoids are inside that, the ONLY opening is the air gap around the battery cables as they pass through foam insolators... it was full of micky turds inside! how? I still can't figure it out... a pressure plate thats like a football stadium to critters that can get inside that winch cover..

Name:  warn_xd9000i.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  35.6 KB
    Last edited by monsoon-mech; 02-06-2019 at 01:36 AM.

I bought a little tractor last year, spent a couple of days getting the carb & fuel pump cleaned up, put a temporary battery in it & got it fired up, it blew Palo Verde & Mesquite beans out the exhaust for a week or so while I was working on stuff & getting it up to par.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

They like welders to...

Name:  welder mouse house (2).jpg
Views: 183
Size:  244.2 KB

dumb little buggers built their house right on top of the 3000 volt HF feed from the transformer
    Last edited by 455dan; 02-06-2019 at 11:20 AM.
    1962 Idealarc Tig 300 300
    1974 Idealarc Tig 300 300 ( till owner needs it back)
    1988 Power Mig 150 (.112 f cap mod)
    2015 Lotos Ltpdc2000d plasma/arc/tig
    Victor 100 torch, 200- 210 Oxy/Acet gauges

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    I bought a little tractor last year, spent a couple of days getting the carb & fuel pump cleaned up, put a temporary battery in it & got it fired up, it blew Palo Verde & Mesquite beans out the exhaust for a week or so while I was working on stuff & getting it up to par.
    I bought a C-65 Chevy that had been sitting in a barn for ten years, both mufflers were plugged solid. Little buggers had to be acrobats to get in there.

I've been having a lot of mouse problems the past couple of years. This summer I didn't use my pickup for 5 weeks, first time starting I had crap hanging from everything behind the exhaust like tinsel on a Xmas tree. I started my truck last winter and did a pretrrip- there was a pile on the ground under the open inspection hole on the clutch of the same amount of stuff as Tman's pile. The next day after letting it warm up I opened the door, eyeball to eyeball with a field mouse, he jumped to the exhaust pipe to do the hot foot dance before running on to the trans to cool his feet. I found a 3/8" clear plastic water line chewed through so now I worry about wiring in everything so I have mouse traps of various kinds scattered. Found 9 at once early this winter in a spinning-bottle-over-a bucket trap. I heard an acquaintance had wiring problems in his pickup due to rodents so he sold it and bought a new one, no word what he did about his pest problem, if anything. I'm told some wire insulation and tubing is now soy based so it is attractive to critters. The most baffling thing I've seen is they chewed on some plastic cans with gas in them- the fumes doesn't seem to bother them!
    Thunderbolt AC/DC
    330AB/P + Bernard cooler
    Syncrowave 250
    Oxy/Ace torch
    Dayton 160 MIG
    6CF pot with 185 compressor
    Too much big equipment
    Even more small tools

Friends and I bought an old 1937 Chevy coupe pulled it out of the barn. We got it to our garage looking it over the engine was free so changed the plugs and checked the points. A little gas in the carb. Turn the key it fires up belches fire out the exhaust and about 10 mice come running out the exhaust pipe they had built a nest in the muffler. We Laffed so hard
    Welders: IdealArc AC/DC 250
    Lincoln AC 225 converted to AC/DC
    O/A torches
    Lots of Hammers Clamps and Grinders