Taxes
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Taxes

Taxes

There is another thread running now. It seems important, so the subject of tax came up, I (this once) don't want to derail that one.

Months ago, VT Department of Taxes sent a letter. My quarterly employee tax withholding payment had been filed with the wrong form. They were considering it to not have been filed. I paid on time, but accompanied by the old form. VT says wrong form= not filed. The difference between old form, and new form is reporting the minority status of my employees.

I have one employee! He (by chance it's a he, I have no daughters), is my son. Nancy did give me an ANCESTRY.COM DNA test to determine my ethnic background. I'll have to send it in. I hope I'm Eskimo, or equally minority. There is no way VT is going to accept 100% of my company being of the same ethnic background. Maybe Seth's genetics are different enough by virtue of his mother being the adopted daughter of a Norwegian? If not, I'm going to jail!

The day I received the first letter I called my tax preparer He said he'd deal with it.

A week later I received a call from the State. I said I had asked my tax preparer to deal with the matter. I asked if he had been in contact. The caller said she was not allowed to say.

Monday I received a letter. Since I was delinquent on my filing, I was being assessed a fine of $2999.99.

On a side note, I recently got a call from my younger son. My niece married a man named Heikki. Zack has known him since birth. At age 25 Zachary asks: "Level with me, Is Heikki black?"

"Zachary, he's 6'7" tall. His palms, and soles are white. He can wrap one hand around a basketball, and touch finger to thumb. You've never seen his hair more than 1/2" long, but it is always curly. AND he got a full basketball scholarship at Green Mountain College, with a heap of perks. I don't know, you figure it out."
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Re: Taxes

And, I'll bet the tax check has been deposited or cashed or whatever, BUT they, you know, THOSE GUYS, don't have a clue how your payment was credited. I went through this in 2010 with the Feds, I had made arrangements for some delinquent payroll taxes, was paying nearly $400.00 a month for about 4 years, and when the agent showed up one day that money was NOWHERE to be found, I got lucky because I was incorporated and could only be held liable for $8600.00, haven't heard anymore from them.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    There is another thread running now. It seems important, so the subject of tax came up, I (this once) don't want to derail that one.

Months ago, VT Department of Taxes sent a letter. My quarterly employee tax withholding payment had been filed with the wrong form. They were considering it to not have been filed. I paid on time, but accompanied by the old form. VT says wrong form= not filed. The difference between old form, and new form is reporting the minority status of my employees.

I have one employee! He (by chance it's a he, I have no daughters), is my son. Nancy did give me an ANCESTRY.COM DNA test to determine my ethnic background. I'll have to send it in. I hope I'm Eskimo, or equally minority. There is no way VT is going to accept 100% of my company being of the same ethnic background. Maybe Seth's genetics are different enough by virtue of his mother being the adopted daughter of a Norwegian? If not, I'm going to jail!

The day I received the first letter I called my tax preparer He said he'd deal with it.

A week later I received a call from the State. I said I had asked my tax preparer to deal with the matter. I asked if he had been in contact. The caller said she was not allowed to say.

Monday I received a letter. Since I was delinquent on my filing, I was being assessed a fine of $2999.99.

On a side note, I recently got a call from my younger son. My niece married a man named Heikki. Zack has known him since birth. At age 25 Zachary asks: "Level with me, Is Heikki black?"

"Zachary, he's 6'7" tall. His palms, and soles are white. He can wrap one hand around a basketball, and touch finger to thumb. You've never seen his hair more than 1/2" long, but it is always curly. AND he got a full basketball scholarship at Green Mountain College, with a heap of perks. I don't know, you figure it out."
    Since only failed boobs need to collect taxes in the first place, if you go ballistic I will understand.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    And, I'll bet the tax check has been deposited or cashed or whatever, BUT they, you know, THOSE GUYS, don't have a clue how your payment was credited. I went through this in 2010 with the Feds, I had made arrangements for some delinquent payroll taxes, was paying nearly $400.00 a month for about 4 years, and when the agent showed up one day that money was NOWHERE to be found, I got lucky because I was incorporated and could only be held liable for $8600.00, haven't heard anymore from them.
    Yes, they processed my check immediately. They are all horned up about ethnic background. If he wasn't my son, there are more Neanderthals in VT than blacks. Where would I find one?

Vermont's liberal legislature HATES business. They will do whatever it takes to crush business.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

I sincerely hate most of the Eastern states in our great country for all the liberal politics, I am blessed to live in a conservative state, at least for the time being.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

Quote Originally Posted by William McCormick View Post
    ...Since only failed boobs need to collect taxes in the first place, if you go ballistic I will understand.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    Sure glad this is posted in the math layout forum. At first I didn't understand how a discussion on taxes made its way here. Now William brings boobs into the conversation.

do you like boobs a lot, boobs a lot, boobs a lot. They're big and round, they're all around, boobs a lot
    by the Holy Modal Rounders.

Now I understand. Round like a circle, and that's a math layout tool. That's the tie to this forum. Awesome. Thanks, team.
    Last edited by zipzit; 01-12-2019 at 01:29 AM.

Thank You
    I hadn’t heard Boobs-alot in about
    50 years. I heard the Fugs version.
    Miller a/c-d/c Thunderbolt XL
    Millermatic 180
    Purox O/A
    Smith Littletorch O/A
    Hobart Champion Elite