Linclon power wave 450
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Linclon power wave 450

I bought an old Lincoln power wave 450 and synergic 7 wire feeder today not really knowing much about it anyone know if it’s worth using as a regular multipurpose welder or is it really complicated and prone to brake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Linclon power wave 450

If you have 3 phase power it up and see how it runs.
    Most times the people who want those machines(3 ph industrial size) don't have 3 phase and the people that have 3 phase don't want the machines.

I used a 350 power wave with a ln8 feeder , I think it was, and it did everything it was supposed to pretty well even with a wire hack like me,

I have 2 of those. Here is the big secret. They will run on single phase!!!. Just not at full capacity.
    Mine runs fine when setting the voltage and wire speed manually but there seems to be a problem with one of the boards that controls the 8 programable buttons on the left side of the machine face. It may change between programs 1 and 2 at will or 3 and 4 randomly. So right to left or left to right but never up and down. The quick dirty fix is to program 1 and 2 to the same parameters. 3 and 4 the same etc.
    Lincolin Power Wave 450, Lincoln Powermig 255, Lincoln Pro Mig 140, Lincoln Squarewave Tig 275, Miller Big 40 G(with Hobart Hefty suitcase), Thermal Arc 95S and Esab PCM875 in an already full machine shop.