Vineyard - drill pipe end posts - do I need a big MIG for this? - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Vineyard - drill pipe end posts - do I need a big MIG for this?

Quote Originally Posted by J_Akuhead View Post
    So to use your Lincoln Weldpak 3200HD MIG, you have to have an 8000 watt generator. 120v can only use “half” of a 240v generator.
    Not sure why I wrote the 3200 MIG (with flux-core wire) is the most efficient method. A 5000w generator can run the 225AC welder on 240vAC. Whereas to run the 3200 MIG on 120vAC you need an 8,000w generator.

The most efficient will be whichever combination works with the eqpt. that you HAVE.

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    Generac

https://images.homedepot-static.com/...48010ef40e.pdf

The dual voltage receptacle will put out 30A AC. That's assuming I fully understand the dual voltage receptacle operation

My 250 GXT will put out 42A per leg at 120v from its dual voltage receptacle.
    Looks like it. You'd still have to make an adapter to go to a conventional 120 volt 20 amp receptacle, or, change the 120 welder plug to 4 wire twist lock using only 3 wires. So not off the shelf plug and play.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Looks like it. You'd still have to make an adapter to go to a conventional 120 volt 20 amp receptacle, or, change the 120 welder plug to 4 wire twist lock using only 3 wires. So not off the shelf plug and play.
    I wasn't sure. You know I'm not too good on electrical stuff.