htp invertig 221 help
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

htp invertig 221 help

ive read the small instruction book but it says nothing about my question. im trying to find a good medium setting for the independent settings of en- and enp. both have a range of 10-90. can someone let me know a good general setting for welding aluminum ?

Re: htp invertig 221 help

Adjust one or the other, not both. The 10 to 90 adjustment is a percentage of the total amperage (main setting vs. foot pedal position). Here's a helpful video.
    Eventual master of the obvious, practitioner of "stream of consciousness fabrication". P.S. I edit almost every post because because I'm posting from my phone and my fingers sometimes move faster than my brain.

Re: htp invertig 221 help

Quote Originally Posted by cornchip View Post
    ive read the small instruction book but it says nothing about my question. im trying to find a good medium setting for the independent settings of en- and enp. both have a range of 10-90. can someone let me know a good general setting for welding aluminum ?
    The Independent Amplitude adjust-ability is not something that has to be set to AC TIG weld aluminum. Balance and Frequency do have to be set, but not the amplitudes. You can AC TIG weld aluminum just fine without going into that part of the machine settings. Basically what I'm getting at is: exactly why do you want to adjust them? Is it because you think you have to adjust them? I have to ask because just the fact that you ask for a "good medium setting" tends to imply (at least to me) that you don't fully understand why the adjustability is there in the first place or why it would even be used. Don't take offense or anything, I'm only asking because your question doesn't clue us in as to how/why you think the way you do. Only you can tell us that. So back to my original statement: You can AC TIG weld aluminum just fine without going into that part of the machine settings.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling signature!

HTP Invertig 221
    HTP ProPulse 300 MIG
    HTP ProPulse 200 MIG
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water-cooled
    HTP Microcut 875SC