Heat pump water heater - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Heat pump water heater

Here, all Butternut trees have always looked like they are dying. Butternut is Juglanis Blank, Walnut is Juglanis Nigra, (White, and black walnut).

I'm talking about Bitternut, a Hickory. it has smooth bark, and the nuts are "round as a ball, sharp as an awl" 3/4" balls with a tiny needle point. The disease killing them is a canker. Hundreds of little branches get burls ranging 2-4" diameter, and the tree eventually dies.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    Here, all Butternut trees have always looked like they are dying. Butternut is Juglanis Blank, Walnut is Juglanis Nigra, (White, and black walnut).

I'm talking about Bitternut, a Hickory. it has smooth bark, and the nuts are "round as a ball, sharp as an awl" 3/4" balls with a tiny needle point. The disease killing them is a canker. Hundreds of little branches get burls ranging 2-4" diameter, and the tree eventually dies.
    ok gotcha..that almost sounds like the beech nut tree nut, they are dying too, but no burls, they just die..if you cut them in time they make good fire wood, otherwise they rot and fall over....
    I planted a bunch of the butternut trees and now they are about 6 to 8 inches in diameter, but the limbs just dont look healthy with all kinds of small growths on them...I also replanted a bunch of hybrid chestnut trees, they are a cross between the American chestnut and chinese chestnut and are suppose to be immune to the blight that wiped out the American chestnut population..

Heat pump water heater

I'm talking about Bitternut, a Hickory. it has smooth bark, and the nuts are "round as a ball, sharp as an awl" 3/4" balls with a tiny needle point.
    Sounds like a Shagbark Hickory nut

And yes they are bitter
    But the squirrels seem to like them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

I heard from somebody once

Said
    If you see a lot of hickory nuts on the ground it’s going to be a long winter

Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Just to get you back on the reason for my warning. The evaporator coils will corrode (faster, slower depending on the material) due to the acids in the moisture released from green firewood as it dries in the house. Maybe your neighbour should air dry his firewood outside for a year or two before putting it in the house?

anyway ... it was just a heads up ...

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley View Post
    Just to get you back on the reason for my warning. The evaporator coils will corrode (faster, slower depending on the material) due to the acids in the moisture released from green firewood as it dries in the house. Maybe your neighbour should air dry his firewood outside for a year or two before putting it in the house?

anyway ... it was just a heads up ...

cheers
    Thanks. I find cautioning people rarely changes their habits, but absolves me from fault if they have a problem. I'll take that step.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Sounds like a Shagbark Hickory nut

And yes they are bitter
    But the squirrels seem to like them

Here, we have Bitternut, (with smooth bark) And Pignut, (with Ash like bark). Lumber is identical to my eye. They are great wood for hardwood flooring, hard as stone, fine grained, and lots of contrast between brown heartwood, and paper white sap wood. Wide boards tend to split, and cup. A dry cord weighs more than any native wood, and yields more BTUs.