Looking for - Easy to use gardening tool
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Looking for - Easy to use gardening tool

Do you use weed wackers? I need one and I am looking for suggestions and since I can't google the things I need in a trimmer I thought of asking you. So, upon browsing different weed wacker reviews, I decided that the best choice for me would be a battery trimmer with a telescopic shaft and maybe adjustable handle, but that is not so important. The telescopic shaft is very important because I want to teach my son how to trim so I don't have to do it anymore! That is why I want to go with battery trimmers becuase they aren't heavy-duty as gas trimmers and you can't tangle in a cord like with corded tools.

Re: Looking for - Easy to use gardening tool

Gas. Husqvarna. Nada mas.

I have an old black and decker that my kids use. It has a telescoping shaft and the head also swivels to do edging. The line feeds automatically so there is no bumping the head to make it feed. Its all plastic and definitely not a pro tool but my kids haven't broken it yet. New ones can be had for around $100. Used ones are nearly free. Mine was one of the old NiCad 18V models and I made an adapter to use my 20V Dewalt batteries. A 4amp/hour battery will run for almost an hour. The kids and the yard are usually done long before the battery is dead. I also have a large pro series Stihl for the bigger bushwacking jobs.
    Lincolin Power Wave 450, Lincoln Powermig 255, Lincoln Pro Mig 140, Lincoln Squarewave Tig 275, Miller Big 40 G(with Hobart Hefty suitcase), Thermal Arc 95S and Esab PCM875 in an already full machine shop.

I have a Echo battery trimmer and blower. Had them for four years. It does the same job that my Stihl did. Charge last about 40 minutes which is enough for me. Same areas and works fine.
    After four years the batteries don't hold a charge that long anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First post and there's a link in it?

Hmmm
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.com/
    MM252
    MM211 (Sold)
    Passport Plus & Spool gun
    Lincoln SP135 Plus- (Gone to a good home)
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    SO 2020 bender
    Beer in the fridge

Pretty weird first post to a welding forum. His link is to a blog, maybe his. If it's his, he's trying to build traffic there.

The best gardening tool is a HOE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Name:  99gap-com-mowingthe-lawn-so-i-was-sitting-out-front-watching-35315210.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  127.3 KB