aluinum gasless fluxcore
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

aluinum gasless fluxcore

I have never heard of this wire. When I seen it I wondered if it would be possible to run it through a 6 ft mig gun. Hummm any thoughts on this

Re: aluinum gasless fluxcore

I have never seen or heard of it before.

Quote Originally Posted by steel View Post
    I have never heard of this wire. When I seen it I wondered if it would be possible to run it through a 6 ft mig gun. Hummm any thoughts on this
    aluminum stick rod flux forms a caustic relatively hard to remove ceramic like flux coating over weld. whats not removed will cause corrosion. the flux on rod absorbs water from the air and goes bad unless kept dry. obviously cleaning flux off weld to weld another pass on weld is 10x harder and slower to do
    usually they recommend cleaning welded part in hot water and maybe some acid mixed in the warm water to aid cleaning. if you are aggressive with high rpm rotary wire brush it will scratch metal and weld.
    i could be wrong but i believe argon is cheaper than cost of flux and dealing with the flux

I have never seen flux core aluminum mig wire, can't see how it would possibly work.
    Do you have a link ?

It does exist. post 29 https://weldingweb.com/showthread.ph...ore-wire/page2

As do flux coated tig rods

LOL.... Yep